Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Can't seem to find any pictures. But

You can use any 12V bulb and socket holder you like with one restriction. Most aftermarket sockets have only one wire for positive and are grounded through the metal frame. You can't do that in a pantera. You must find bulb holders with two wires that are not grounded through the mounting screw. The interior light on a P car is supplied with constant power and is switched on and off by completing the ground circuit.

Find a unswitched (always hot)power wire source under the dash i.e. cigarette lighter, and use this to supply the constant power to both footwell lights. Doesn't matter which circuit you tap into, the two lights draw so little power.
Locate the grounding wire coming from the interior light switch and splice in on the switched side. (The side that is grounded only when the switch is turned on)
Really, that's it. This should connect the new footwell lights to the same circuit as the existing interior light and they will come on when you open the doors or turn the courtesy light switch on. Then just attach the bulb holders to whatever you want in the location you choose in each footwell.

I got my two lights from the wrecking yard but I'm sure you could find a variety of new ones at any parts store.

Not only can you see where your feet are going but it brightens up the interior nicely when you open the doors. And it helps a lot getting the key in the ignition at night.

Doug M

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.