Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

JD21476

The VIN number is listed as 9049, which could put the car in the 78 time frame.

Pantera's may have only been 'officially' imported and sold throgh Ford from 71 to 74, but they were produced right up into the 90's and a number of later model 'grey' or private imports exist in the US. I beleive for that matter that all original GT5 and GT5S cars would have to be Amerisport or private imports.

Julian
I think it is a nice car. I also think it will be a great deal for the buyer if it sells for 35k. The spare ZF gotta be worth 4G even if it is apart. Rebuilt motor, bushings,paint. Buy it, clean it up, at the Hotel, and sell it before you fly home from May's Pantera fun fest in Vegas. I wish i had the fortitude to pull thet off.
Panteraseeker .. that car was a 78 .. mine 9138 is a 79. There were figures posted here if I can find it that 9000 on was manufactured by EMBO and the frame and engine compart appear more boxy in there fabrication then the traditional stamped steel. mine seems to have less rust then my 73.

There was a real nice car on EBAY in WALDWICK NJ forgot the price though.

Ron
quote:
Originally posted by PanteraSeeker:
I think long term I was better with a 71-74 car. I think one of the reasons this one didn't see much bidding action was the fact that it was a 78. States with emissions testing would not let it be registered in that state. And a 71-74 car might sell better down the road if I wanted to trade up.

I will keep looking Wink

Greg

I think you're right Greg. Another potential issue is several of the Embo chassis have experienced rear suspension arms pulling through the frame rails. Rumor has it, "coat hangar" metal was used on their initial cars. Seems far fetched, but that is the rumor nonetheless.

The red 74 very original Pantera with the big bumpers hasn't managed to sell and is back on ebay for a third time.

There's also an absolutely BEAUTIFUL red, chrome bumper, early car with Campy replicas for sale at the moment on ebay. This Pantera comes across as one spectacular car.

Josh
Link copied to your clipboard.