Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

100k is a lot of cash but I am not at all up on the value of the 80s cars. I see that you are in nyc, I assume that is New York city. Are the emissions laws ok on that car? I know in Indiana it would be ok but I would think that NY would be more strict.

But it looks like a hell of a car. I was at PI's showroom a couple of months ago but I don’t think it was there.

Good luck
Greg
I just looked and I don't see it, just the '85 for $79.
I'm in Westchester. The five lower counties and NYC test the car for emissions.
I'm quite sure that there is no Pantera that will pass. If the car is 25 model years old, it is no longer tested. An '83 would be subject to it.
The car would need to be registered in a NY county not subject to emissions testing.
The registration and the insurance would have to be in that county as well.
OK, found it.
Very nice, but pictures are already showing indications of difficulty of keeping a black car. In person, look for small scratches in the clear coat. They are going to look like small white cat hairs sticking to the paint.
The engine is nice but is likely to run very hot, temp wise. Find out what rpm it idles at.
It is close to a Hall Super Pantera, if not technically one, it is essentially one.
It is much too low for NY roads and curbs.
The lower nose sheet metal is around $5000 for replacement plus installation.
Sorry to say it will never pass emmissions in NY, CT, MA, NJ.
"Upper NY" is your only hope. It's a tail pipe idle sniff test there.
The state hydrocarbons have been lowered to under 500. I personally couldn't even get that to pass without an air pump and dual cats and it has to idle under 1000rpm's.
I presume it does not have any emmissions equipment.
It's probably a bargain at the current price. It couldn't be built for anywhere near that.
Go look at it and drive it. If it's what you want, go for it.
Best of luck with it. It is a beautiful car.
Link copied to your clipboard.