Skip to main content

It looks like I am going to have to sell my Pantera. This is a difficult decision. I may not be working in the near future. I had done much work on my car and it was in storage. I just got it back home and there is some damage to the right side. Not a lot, but damage, nonetheless. It will require a new paint job, as it will be impossible to match the red color. It has a complete brand new interior. I am going to sell it as is. All of the suspension is removed from the car, along with the engine. The original car had 45,000 miles on it 8 years ago, when I had it completely stripped and repainted. It has only been driven about 100 miles since, then I removed the suspension (long story). I feel that it will about $4000 ~ $6,500 to repaint, and get the car back to show quality. That is money I just don't have, due to my job situation. I would rather see the car on the road with a new owner, than sit in my garage for another few years, so this is the reason I am selling. I want $43,500 FIRM for the car, which is a fair price. I have some pics from 5 years ago. I'll have some in the condition it is now within the next few days. You may "E" mail me at grr456@aol.com.

Thank you.....Gary
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I will also sell my 408 C.I. All Aluminum Fuel Injected Engine. All it has is Dyno time on it and ALL parts are new. It has a POLISHED Fontana tall (9.50")deck block, with POLISHED C302B heads. The heads were virgin, when I started, and I did minimally port them, but not too much. It has a 4.060 bore with 4.00 stroke crank and 9.5:1 compression. The crankshaft is a reduced counterweight diameter, knifed edged crank. It is installed in my Pantera currently, and everything fits. It has a roller cam, roller rockers, and the very best of everything. It has a Kinsler 2-7/16" Mechanical Injection. It makes approx 690 HP with the injection and 550 ft lbs of tq. This IS a sprint car engine with less compression, and much less cam. To make over 800 HP, what you would need to do is just change the pistons, cam and injector nozzles, for alcohol. This engine is an honest 8,500 RPM engine with the right cam. It dies out at about 7,500 now. To go to an engine builder and have this engine built would cost approx $21,000 to $24,000. I want $17,500 (firm) for this engine, complete with the Electromotive ignition, and $500 Kinsler fuel surge tank, to allow this type injection to run on the street, without vapor lock. This also would include all of the stainless fuel lines, and 3 bypass valves, and return lines (approx $1,500). For the engine, less the injection, $15,000. I know you can find used Sprint car engines out there for less, but this is already set up for the street, and nothing else will have to be bought. It will come with a brand new zero balanced flywheel. Also, this will include another dyno run, or an additional $500 credit. Everything was brand new.

I made a complete set of stainless steel headers, for the GT5S Pantera, and the entire system is available for $2200. It includes (4) Borla Round Stainless Mufflers, with (4) Borla Polished Stainless tips. The headers are (2) pipes into (1) muffler. This way everything wasn't squeezed into a tiny 2-1/4 collector. I have (4) 2" collectors. These will only fit with a TALL deck block, and raised port heads.

I will only sell the headers with the engine, or after the engine is sold.

Thank you......Gary
grr456@aol.com
I just re-read my first message. I may have been a bit unclear on one point. The original engine and suspension is INCLUDED with the car, it is just removed from the car right now. I am replacing the bearings in the rear carriers now. I had the rear carriers apart and the bearings were actually OK, but, I just decided to change them for good luck. The axles are in great shape.

Thank you.....Gary
Link copied to your clipboard.