Interesting. I received a notice from the insurance company that I could raise the agreed value of my Pantera by 20% because of the incredible jump in classic car values. It was at the high limit of their old value for a Pantera too.

Mike
Original Post
That is interesting. I have never heard of a high limit. Most insurance companies will insure your car for any amount so long as they are satisfied that it is legit. I don't see how there could be a high limit on any car...it all depends on documentation and appraisal.
quote:
Originally posted by RRS:
That is interesting. I have never heard of a high limit. Most insurance companies will insure your car for any amount so long as they are satisfied that it is legit. I don't see how there could be a high limit on any car...it all depends on documentation and appraisal.


The high limit is the agreed value that they agreed to using just pictures of the car and no extra documentation, appraisal, etc.
I currently have mine insured at a stated value of 65,000.00. American Hobbiest had no problem with the amount with pictures and documintation.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.PanteraPlace.com:
Interesting. I received a notice from the insurance company that I could raise the agreed value of my Pantera by 20% because of the incredible jump in classic car values. It was at the high limit of their old value for a Pantera too.

Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Coz:
I currently have mine insured at a stated value of 65,000.00. American Hobbiest had no problem with the amount with pictures and documintation.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.PanteraPlace.com:
Interesting. I received a notice from the insurance company that I could raise the agreed value of my Pantera by 20% because of the incredible jump in classic car values. It was at the high limit of their old value for a Pantera too.

Mike


Coz,

Stated value is much different than agreed value. Some more info is at http://www.panteraplace.com/page101.htm

Mike
I recently received a similar letter from my insurance company for [2] of my other collector vehicle's [later models - only the 2 on that policy] also could raise limit 20% or do nothing to remain at same insured level.
Look's like it could be across the board!
Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×