For nearly two months now, I've pursued the maroon GT5-S in Las Vegas. The Dealer is an easy fellow to talk to, lots of information & lots of upgrades to the car, priced firm at 175k. Drop dead gorgeous car in pictures. As the conversations continued, I asked for VIN digitals & engine bay pictures to affirm the 'square frame' as they say, prior flying out there to take the car. He said he wouldn't hold it, I better send a non-refundable deposit if I'm serious. I said I'll wait for the VIN & pictures w/the engine tub out. At that point, things soured. I was ignored. No return phone calls, voice mails & he wouldn't pick up the phone. No return emails. It took me weeks to figure this car out. Las Vegas is a large town, but not large enough to hide a GT5-S [or any other Pantera] for sale. I locked on. I tracked the car. The car is known for sure, but it's a 1973 'L' Model [made] GT5-S, built at a shop in Wisconsin. A 1973 which was cut & wide body panels welded on. No funny VIN business, just being touted as a real GT5-S. So often I call to inquire about a car, once I ask for the VIN to validate it they get scared, or they figure out I'm in the loop or in the know so-to-speak. This happened a six months ago on a 1974 GTS. I tracked it anyhow and several months later I got the car. Point is, you just can't hide from the internet today. Between George, Chuck, & don't forget Bill Van Ess documentation, we can track just about any car.
Original Post
Perfect Example of the time tested adage...
Caveat Emptor!!!

The saying dates back to 71 BC when a used chariot salesmen was trying to sell an "original Spartacus chariot" when in fact it was a "clone" with a forged CIN ( Chariot Identification Number).
Don't forget Peter Havlik, he has painstakingly put together the late model 9000 series registry that is held on Chuck's website.

Sorry to hear about the wild goose chase, no one I know knew anything about this car, so sounded suspicious.
quote:
Originally posted by speedunlimited:
Perfect Example of the time tested adage...
Caveat Emptor!!!

The saying dates back to 71 BC when a used chariot salesmen was trying to sell an "original Spartacus chariot" when in fact it was a "clone" with a forged CIN ( Chariot Identification Number).


Opps, I can explain that. Fred dropped the chisel when Barney was about to hit the VIN in the chariot. That's how that happened. So, you see it Sympathy was a restamp! Sympathy
quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
Don't forget Peter Havlik, he has painstakingly put together the late model 9000 series registry that is held on Chuck's website.

Sorry to hear about the wild goose chase, no one I know knew anything about this car, so sounded suspicious.


No, can't forget Peter. Was an oversight on my part. He didn't come to mind on a narrow body car. I need to get with him on a few cars at some point. Thanks for the note.
Sharkey,

I forwarded you details of Ted's beautiful last Amerisport GT5-S that is for sale at $250K. Very original and documented. As I didn't get a response, I assume there's no interest and I'm posting here for others.

As others might be interested in the maroon clone in Vegas, can you share details of that now you have no interest?

Julian

Attachments

Photos (1)
quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
Sharkey,

I forwarded you details of Ted's beautiful last Amerisport GT5-S that is for sale at $250K. Very original and documented. As I didn't get a response, I assume there's no interest and I'm posting here for others.

As others might be interested in the maroon clone in Vegas, can you share details of that now you have no interest?

Julian

Julian Hi, I sent you a response but not sure if you got it. I knew of that car already, super nice car. If Ted is interested in partial trade[s] I can put him with a Pantera collector that has all narrow bodies and one square frame '75 I bought from Mike Haber in Philly. He also owns [the now late] Greg Summitts white GT-5 clone I bought in LA last year. Greg Summitt died of cancer recently. Greg made a wonderful video CD titled PANTERAS FOREVER. My guy wants a 5-Steel. Let me know. They can work their own deal. With regard to the maroon Vegas car, the Dealer quit talking to me and wouldn't answer his phone or email once I asked for the VIN. I had someone incognito call him about the car & sent him to see the car, he had no idea I sent the guy. Long story short, it's an early car cut up and made into a 5-S priced at 175k. I had the car sold already if I could get my hands on it. Anyway, done deal it's on it's way to San Jose CR.
Sharkey,

I didn't get the response for some reason, I sent you Ted's email, so I'll let you and your buyer take it from here.

So are you saying the GT5-S clone in Vegas actually sold for close to asking price?

Julian
quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
Sharkey,

I didn't get the response for some reason, I sent you Ted's email, so I'll let you and your buyer take it from here.

So are you saying the GT5-S clone in Vegas actually sold for close to asking price?

Julian

No, I didn't say that at all. I made an offer based on what the car was. The buy/sell numbers are confidential now that it has a new owner.
Damn, I would have loved to see that Maroon 5S, whether it had real 5S factory flares, a high performance engine, etc. Nice for that new owner in San Jose CA, no smog required for that car so it could really have some good performance mods to it. Maybe the new owner will be here later.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×