Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by A Hudson:
I love looking at photos of those cars. Then I think about trying to live with one and the dream fades.

Adams, you're SUCH a wimp. If you can put up with the cost of owning a Ferrari (or three... Wink ), I think you can afford the therapy required as a result of owning a Mangusta. Big Grin

Mark
Harry, Why don't you care about theZF? You have been shopping for Detomaso longer than anyone I know. It ain't a black GT5S. The zf looks abit diff than dash2. Looks like it has had the cosmetic resto. Like we always say, it costs less to buy a car that has been fixed up. I see a car that is gonna cost a lot to make "right" Then what? I wanna drive it around..
quote:
Originally posted by Mang:
Mark, if not too much trouble, can you link or reference ALL EIGHT? Smiler

Sure.

• The one mentioned on this thread that is for sale by Dana Hansen (8Ma846).
• Four (8Ma632, 8Ma796, 8Ma1048, 8Ma1078) are here: http://www.motorcargallery.com/inventory.html
• Two are for sale by Jerry McGlothin in Arizona (8Ma542 and 8Ma822).
• This (8Ma1120) one in Germany:
http://www.springbok.de/fahrze...ails.php?id=det_mang
• This one (8Ma1200) in France:
http://www.finecars.cc/en/deta...ml?no_cache=1&ret=63
• The one PIM is selling (8Ma590) here:
http://www.pim.net/Mangusta.html

OK, I was wrong, it's ten (unless your is for sale). Wink

Mark
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:
I love looking at photos of those cars. Then I think about trying to live with one and the dream fades.

Adams, you're SUCH a wimp. If you can put up with the cost of owning a Ferrari (or three... Wink ), I think you can afford the therapy required as a result of owning a Mangusta. Big Grin

Mark

And you've been driving your Mangusta how much lately!?!?

Yeah, my wimp meter overfloweth with needy projects at the moment. The thought of getting another car with even ONE quirk could make me murderous.

I'm a perfect candidate for a Mangusta poster however, long as it doesn't overheat or drip oil.

Honestly - and I hope this doesn't come out wrong - its more about 'putting up' with engineering deficiencies than maybe the cost.

Maybe I need to ride in a FULLY sorted one.
quote:
And you've been driving your Mangusta how much lately!?!?

Well, I rolled it away from the wall a month or so back to put more air in the tires. Does that count? I did go "vroom-vroom" when I pushed.

quote:
I'm a perfect candidate for a Mangusta poster however, long as it doesn't overheat or drip oil.

You just described my car perfectly! No oil to drip, no coolant to overheat. ZERO carbon footprint too. Plus, it does what a Mangusta does best — sit there and look pretty. ;D

Mark

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Sleepingtoys
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:

You just described my car perfectly! No oil to drip, no coolant to overheat. ZERO carbon footprint too. Plus, it does what a Mangusta does best — sit there and look pretty. ;D

Mark

So, basically, you have a 3 dimensional poster of a Mangusta.
And aside from those two, Mark has a stunning, perfectly drivable GT40 for street or track (on cool days). It is super to look at and even better to listen to.

All three are awesome machines and couldn’t be in better hands - someone who knows so much about them and appreciates the total art form along with the experience of redoing them.

Total mileage for all three since I met him – about 2,000 miles.

But he has lots of time to fuss over and eventually finish the Goose and then drive them all he wants. Mark, who hates it when anyone makes a fuss over him, is celebrating his 40th birthday today!

Happy Birthday Dude!

There isn’t a better friend.
Ha Ha Ha.

Actually, it's more like 2,200 miles and it's my 50th, but thanks for the "outing" Big Grin

Someone said to me today "Great news, it's all downhill from here on". Good thing too, I said, I'm getting tired of walking uphill all the time.

Hmmm, maybe I should DRIVE downhill.
burn rubber roll on floor

Mark
Old enough to know better and now too old to care.
Link copied to your clipboard.