Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

...Congratulations Jim!! And Welcome!
My Cat #5723 was only 3 cars ahead of yours
on the factory assembly line! They were built on the same day! What Color is She?
Prepare for Huge Smiles when You First fire Her Up, and take Her out for Her 'Maiden Trip'! I will Never Forget the first Hour I drove My Cat Home; Talk about 'Increased Heart Rate'!!
Good-Luck!...
Last edited by marlinjack
quote:
Originally posted by MARLIN JACK:
...Congratulations Jim!! And Welcome!
My Cat #5723 was only 3 cars ahead of yours
on the factory assembly line! They were built on the same day! What Color is She?
Prepare for Huge Smiles when You First fire Her Up, and take Her out for Her 'Maiden Trip'! I will Never Forget the first Hour I drove My Cat Home; Talk about 'Increased Heart Rate'!!
Good-Luck!...

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looking forward to the truck arriving in Dallas tomorrow and getting some time behind the wheel.

That's great that yours was built on the same day. How's the saying go. You never want a car built on a Monday especially after a holiday weekend Smiler Hopefully ours were built mid week.

Mine is red with tan interior. I'll get some fresh pictures up tomorrow once it arrives.
I remember the day a truck pulled up with my car in it too. Supremely hot day, my son and I had been in the driveway for some time, waiting. Heard the diesel truck a block a way, far too low geared for anything non commercial.

IT pulled up, dropped the door, and I've been enjoying the car since. Congratulations. The fun begins now.

And that CLOSED truck photo was the biggest tease I've seen on here in years! We must have pics.
quote:
Originally posted by A Hudson:
I remember the day a truck pulled up with my car in it too. Supremely hot day, my son and I had been in the driveway for some time, waiting. Heard the diesel truck a block a way, far too low geared for anything non commercial.

IT pulled up, dropped the door, and I've been enjoying the car since. Congratulations. The fun begins now.

And that CLOSED truck photo was the biggest tease I've seen on here in years! We must have pics.

Caught mine on camera as it showed up. Click on pics to see video

Here it is as it is coming off the trailer.

Wow, that is a beautiful Pantera. I like the red color and the camel color interior. Looks great!

You mentioned that Reliable Carriers did a good job for you for a fair price. In about a month or so I will be in need of a transport service transporting my Pantera from New Jersey to California, and I am thinking of using Reliable Carriers based on your recommendation. Can I ask you how much they charged you?

David
quote:
Originally posted by No Quarter:
Love the interior, leather, colour and wooden wheel. Before I consider it, is the glare in the windshield as bad as the picture suggests?

Actually when sitting in the car the is no glare that I can remember. The interior is one of the reasons I chose the car. I love the wooden steering wheel as well.
congrats on the new baby ! enjoy it Smiler
just wondering... can you change the ( BIG ) US style bumpers nowadays ? or still obligated ? just curious as i changed them recently to euro on my US imported-exported GT5S .. Big Grin
and i admit a buildyear cheating... instead of the also big 2 part euro rear bumpers i shortend a couple of 70's Panteras one to fit my '85... and had the mufflers again rotated 180 ° to sky pointing as original....
as bought...

now changed ...
quote:
Originally posted by Belgiumbarry:
congrats on the new baby ! enjoy it Smiler
just wondering... can you change the ( BIG ) US style bumpers nowadays ? or still obligated ? just curious as i changed them recently to euro on my US imported-exported GT5S .. Big Grin
and i admit a buildyear cheating... instead of the also big 2 part euro rear bumpers i shortend a couple of 70's Panteras one to fit my '85... and had the mufflers again rotated 180 ° to sky pointing as original....
as bought...

now changed ...

That looks great!!
thanks... but do you guys in the US still need those bumpers or was that a '70-'80's law ?
I remember as on Corvettes from '72 they needed those big plastic bumpers ( 5 mph crash ? ) which make still today the chromies ( before '72 ) so much more in value ! Smiler

great advantage ofcourse on Panteras is that you can change them without big hassle... just the parts and a couple of hours wrenching Cool
quote:
Originally posted by TXRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by Belgiumbarry:
Thanks Bill... difference HIT ? 5 mph Smiler
had a peek at your shop site... nice ! i'm jaleous... once retired with my "business" i'm dreaming a small garage for oldtimers.... Wink

and back on topic... sorry TXraider Big Grin

Not a problem Smiler

thank you Sir ! may you enjoy your Pantera, which i'm sure ! ...beautifull car Cool
Link copied to your clipboard.