Skip to main content

Hello fellow enthusiasts,
If you are bi-lingual, would you please translate the attached article and post the translation on this thread? My understanding is that the new DeTomaso organization may be in serious trouble. I hope that nobody had put down a deposit on the new Deauville.
I look forward to seeing the English translation. Thank you for your help.
Dave

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Web
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Google translator says:

"Kicks and punches on the new De Tomaso"

"Explodes the wrath of the workers against Rossignolo after the meeting with the commissioners and Jordan Porchietto missing 5 million to release the European funds needed for training. The State: "We will try""

"Tense situation to De Tomaso. Last night, several dozen workers literally attacked the president, Gian Mario Rossignolo, exiting the Regional Labour [place] where, in the afternoon, a long meeting was held with the unions and the region. A few dozen dipenpenti, who presided over hundreds of Via Magenta, were launched in pursuit of the entrepreneur 85enne, kicking and punching the Deuville, the car unveiled at the Geneva and from which he had arrived at Rossignolo appointment to show the assessors and Massimo Giordano Claudia Porchietto."
Last edited by coreyprice
Thank you. An informed source told me the DeTomaso workers hadn't been paid in nearly five months even though the Italian government had given DeTomaso millions of Euros to hire these workers. The government wanted to see what they were getting for their money and so the Rossignolos brought the Deauville for inspection along with angry workers who want their share of the pie. This certainly does not look good for the new DeTomaso.
Alejandro DeTomaso was famous for making millions off Ghia, Maserati and the Qvales but the Rossignolos may not have his "skills".
Also I understand that the government funds cannot in any case be used by De Tomaso because the funds cannot by law be used for private
business ventures. That is - the EU funds are to be used only for research projects - and not for the normal everyday gestation
of a business enterprise.
So there you go. When the new owners came on-board there was a disconnect with the old owners like us. The Ford connection was rejected when arrangements had been made for the Ford GT powertrain and trick Multimatic suspension. Then, the new owners simply bought a few Cadillac cross-over cars and re-bodied them as voila, Deauvilles! I don't think the EU and Italian government are buying this.
A claim had been made that 1,000 Deauvilles had been pre-ordered by interested European buyers.
Remember when we were complaining about the new DeTomaso logo looking like the defunct DeLorean logo? Well guess what? As DeLorean goes so does DeTomaso. Sad isn't it?
Agreed, sad. Sadder - and I realize I risk outpouring of detractors here - is that DeTomaso wasn't exactly an untarnished name.

So THIS venture could either move it up into the proper light, proper respect, and newfound hope...

Or squash it into the 'also ran' category.

Though it appears a deeper tarnishing awaits, I sincerely hope that the initial dream, which is one we all share, is reached.
Last edited by ahudson
Hi Adams,
It looks really gloomy at this point. One very knowledgeable ex-employee indicated that this is going to end up in court by the time the government is through.
Alejandro may have been a wizard at spinning deals on Italian government money, e.g., acquiring Maserati, but the new crew are coming out of the hole in the wrong lane.
This whole re-birth has been mishandled from the get-go and it could have been a potentially great re-launch of the marque. I fear the new DeTomaso is going to go down in flames just like the DeLorean. Would you like to have any of the DeTomaso workers shown in the newspaper article build your $160,000 cross-over Deauville?
Link copied to your clipboard.