Skip to main content

With all the people on the site I was wondering what are the other vehicles you have/drive?

Mine are a company work truck 2011 Dodge Ram quad cab 1500.

1999 Mustang GT convertable with a procharger.

Sold my 700 hp t bucket for a 2006 Harley Vrod screaming eagle.

Old faithful my 2003 Harley Softtail.

My wifes 1998 Honda Civic.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Joe 1974 L #6656:
With all the people on the site I was wondering what are the other vehicles you have/drive?

'94 Porsche 968. Another limited production car. Has great seats. Found another set on E-bay and put them into the Pantera.

'07 Honda VFR800 Motorcycle, 25th anniversary edition, red, white and blue. Daily commuter.

'06 Silverado 4x4. Home Depot hauler. Dog hauler. Camping vacation vehicle.
'71 Pantera, awaiting paint soon.

'00 Maxima 5 spd SE and a '03 Accord V6. Daily drivers. I sacrificed a couple new cars for the Pantera and I don't regret it.

'89 F250 300ci fuel-injected straight six. 270k+ miles on the original unrebuilt motor. Good yard/home/misc. task/backup truck. My father bought it in 1991 and sold it to me 8 years ago. Too bad it can't pull anything- blame that on high gearing and a crappy manual transmission.

I sold my 5.0 Mustang when I got married, and finally replaced it with the Pantera last year.
Daily driver all summer was the GT5 Pantera, then in late August gave in and purchased a 2010 F150 SVT Raptor in preparation for winter.

2004 Ultima CanAm
1981 Pantera GT5 #9178
1974 Pantera L #7024 - undergoing a 4 yr GP4 conversion to a track car with 625HP 351C
1966 KVA GT40 MK1 Replica
2006 Mustang GT - my son's car but he's away at college, so I have to make sure it gets a good run occasionally

Julian
Last edited by joules
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche (Daily Driver)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS (Wife’s Daily Driver)

1936 Auburn Boattail Speedster reproduction (Wife’s fun car).

1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback (My 5 year old says this is his car)

1974 DeTomaso Pantera (Work in progress)

1974 Porsche 911 Targa w/ wide body kit and Chevrolet V8 Conversion (Work in progress)
What an interesting thread! Look at ACCobras SOLID Ford line up, then others with various bikes, reproductions, other Euro cars.

Who has EVER had an Auburn Boattail replica AND a wide body Targa like Garvino?

Or a Norton AND a Chrysler van like KhanSmith?

Really great stuff. Pantera and Evo. Cool.

I mean this is like a marketing focus group's year long case study in behavior. Fun to read.
Not everyone has a spot in a garage, but here we go.

Registered, insured, inspected:
2007 Ford Edge, wife transportation
2002 Ford F-250, work truck.
1997 Chevy WT-1500, local beater.
1974 Pantera, lives in the shop down in the back yard.
1972 Harley Davidson FL (mostly stock)
1971 Datsun 240Z, pulled out of storage this past August. Cleaned up and back on the road after 20 years in the barn. About 1300 miles on her so far in 2011.

Unregistered support machinery used around the property (they all run and operate);
1996 Komatsu PC-60 excavator
1995 Scat Trak 1300 skid steer loader, firewood handler, snow plower. Couldn't keep up without this thing, busiest machine of them all.
1992 Caterpillar D5C dozer
1987 Case 688 excavator
1986 Yamaha 250cc Big Wheel
1974 Ford F-100 P/U (firewood hauler)
1963 International 6 wheel dump truck (ex-military unit)

Not running at the moment;
1974 Harley Davidson (hardtail chopper- torn down for paint at the moment)
1966 Harley Davidson FL (complete, but a long way from done)
1948 Farmall Cub tractor (my little sister learned to drive on this girl)
1947 Dodge half-ton pickup, unrestored survivor-the truck I learned to drive in. Still got it. Kept inside and dry since last registration in '72. I hope to get my 13 year old daughter interested in helping me get her ready for the road again over the winter. This is where she'll learn how to drive a standard, then we move on to the Z and Miss P.

Luckily, I'm mechanically inclined.
67 GTA 390 FE
69 Mach 1 351W 4 Speed
72 Triumph Spitfire
78 Trans-Am 6.6L 400 Pontiac 4 Speed
89 Harley FXRS Full Custom
Hand-Built Lamborghini Countach Spaceframe, 4 Years Work.
72 Pantera GT-5 Replica Super Modified
74 Pantera L Highly Modified
92 Camaro 305 4-Speed Auto
2007 Mini-Cooper 'Sports Package' (Wifes' Car)
2009 Mustang 5 Speed (Daily Driver)
2011 Tormach 770
Last edited by marlinjack
1971 Pantera
2005 BMW 325ci convert.-wifes
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo-runs great but will be getting an ls series engine soon
2000 Vette convertible with less than 40K miles-for sale
2010 Silverado Crew Cab with 6l engine and 6 inch lift/tires
Ktm 520 sx
Yamaha YZF 450
1986 Honda Hawk GT
1979 Suzuki RM 400
Soon to be joined by Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Attachments

Images (1)
  • My_Driveway
quote:
Originally posted by ktmike:
1971 Pantera
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo-runs great but will be getting an ls series engine soon
2000 Vette convertible with less than 40K miles-for sale
Soon to be joined by Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Great group there. Big motors up front, in the middle, smaller turbo motor up front, you cover the gamut.

Two questions and the back on topic -

1. Familiar with 944t (had a few) but what is the 'ls' series engine? Is that the 968 3.0?
2. Aston V8. Cool pick. Is this coming when the Vette leaves? Aston to be a 6 speed or auto? Have always had an eye out for one of those.
Don't tell the purists, but a GM V8 ls series engine in a 951(944 turbo) chassis along with braking and suspension updates, makes for an incredible car. A 3L turbo engine made with the 968 block is a consideration, but costs more and has much less torque than the GM V8. The turbo tranny handles the V8 power fine as long as you use common sense. Supercar performance at a budget price. Very easy swap. Tons of cheap engines and parts. A well set up 951 is one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.
Yes, 6 speed V8 Vantage when the Vette goes. Ready to buy, but I don't have the space until I get rid of something. Personally, I think the Aston is one of the best looking modern car designs.
Great thread! I'd love a Pinzgauer or Unimog. And wish I still had my motorcycle and some of the cars I've sold over the years. Here's the current stable:

1966 Ford Mustang GT fastback (GT350 clone at the moment; returning to stock appearing restomod, even though it's worth less that way)
1972 Pantera pre-L (of Banzai Runner movie fame)
1991 Mazda B2200 pickup truck
1995 Toyota LandCruiser (FZJ-80)
1996 BMW 328i
2001 Jamis Dakar Comp - Ok, not a car, but a fun full suspension cross-country/downhill mountain bike with 4 piston caliper disc brakes
I have really enjoyed this thread. There are some really cool and interesting cars sharing garage space with our Panteras.

I was surprised to see a Saab Sonett on the list. I grew up around Saabs and always thought the Sonetts were cool. Interestingly, the guy I bought one of my spare transaxles from had a stripped out Sonett sitting outside his shop. Now I feel like I should call him and see if he wants to sell it. That's if my wife wouldn't kill me and I didn't have ten other half finished projects in progress.

I also really like all the Aston Martin Vantages out there. I really wouldn't mind having one of those too.

Any chance of some of you taking some pics of your Panteras with their stable mates? I am currently out of town but can take one with my mustang when I get back next week.

Unfortunately, my cars are spread out in few different storage units so they rarely see each other. However, that will soon change as I am finishing up a quick remodel and clean up of my new storage unit, where all my cars will fit together.
quote:
Originally posted by Garvino:
I have really enjoyed this thread. Any chance of some of you taking some pics of your Panteras with their stable mates? I am currently out of town but can take one with my mustang when I get back next week.

Good idea. I'll try on that. Those of you with Astons are REQUIRED to do this!
quote:
Originally posted by Garvino:
I have really enjoyed this thread. There are some really cool and interesting cars sharing garage space with our Panteras.

I was surprised to see a Saab Sonett on the list. I grew up around Saabs and always thought the Sonetts were cool. Interestingly, the guy I bought one of my spare transaxles from had a stripped out Sonett sitting outside his shop. Now I feel like I should call him and see if he wants to sell it. That's if my wife wouldn't kill me and I didn't have ten other half finished projects in progress.

I also really like all the Aston Martin Vantages out there. I really wouldn't mind having one of those too.

Any chance of some of you taking some pics of your Panteras with their stable mates? I am currently out of town but can take one with my mustang when I get back next week.

Mine are in my link below. In no way tarshing another car because I love the look of the Vantage, but I spent about 8 months driving and looking at all variations of those, and the power shure doesn't match the cars appearance. So I went and bought a MBZ V12 Biturbo AMG with RENNtech, 1/2 the price and double the horse power and torque at 785. See photos in the link, in the photo folder "New Ride: MBZ V12 Biturbo AMG". As you can see the exterior in my opinion doesn't match the Vantage style, but I am learning to like it with the bigger wheels, lowering kit, and especially when it outruns most everything on the street. I am only mentioning it because those considering Vantage, you may want to see and drive one of these MBZ with RENNtech first and see what you think. But for those who really like Vantage, I could add more photos to my Vantage photo folder for all the ones I have looked at, with various colors, different wheels, etc...I still love looking at them.
Last edited by does200

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.