Skip to main content

thinking of changing over to 180 headers and mufflers, i was wondering what other modifications need to be made for this application....water bottles, heat shields, etc., also need to know where mufflers exit the body, have seen some thru condensor screen, but are there mufflers that exit in stock muffler location by cutting holes in the engine bay area?, does anyone have this muffler configuration readily available?, my ac condensor has been removed and i'm using a louvered condensor panel, i love the look and would rather not to lose it ! any pros, cons, or PICS would be greatly appreciated...............THANX........DAVE
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If u look TECHNICAL INQUIRIES, page 13 under ALAN B's posting "180 DEGREE EXHAUSTS", on page 3 and 4, of his posting, there are several pics of the my old Hall 180 Degree system plus Hall's intake with Weber IDA's. The sound this set-up makes is indiscribable. Jack de Ryke says its adictive. i agree totaly. Wicked.
This Hall setup exits out the orginal body exht. outlets, but at an angle, as u will see on the pics. 2x small holes are cut. And since I dont run the AC rad., over the rear outlet, the open grill shows off the interior of car & the back of the ZF...... See what u think...

Good luck & have fun,... thats the main thang. Lets us no how u went.. Cheers, tai
I have run this system for 7 years without any problems. No burnt paint etc., no hassles. I have tried to replicate what the factory did with thier GRP.4's, sticking to the 351C heavy castiron blk & hds. along with a AQUASUMP oil- pressurized system and full Fire supression setup ; ( 3x point - front , cockpit & motor compartment.) but also just gone on a Weighless course.:- Carbon rear decklid with vents, Carbon frt. bonnet / hood with updated Gt5 vents,( shaped better for air extraction ), The fine Headlite Conversion by maestro GORAN, seen in new P. I. Newsletter, ( which by the way has to be the best Car Newsletter / mag./ Website i have seen anywhere in the world. )
This mod alone not only fixes all the headlite problems as well as looking fanstastic, super efficent and best of all, saves 21lbs.( See Newsletter. ) This plus the carbon inner door panels, losing the center dash consol, window glass, heater, air conditioner, plus lightweight racing wheels, - ( not all that heavy unsprung-weight 17 / 18inch monsters one sees...) etc. All add up to...... Read GORAN'S article . Awesome !
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Quik72:
thinking of changing over to 180 headers and mufflers, i was wondering what other modifications need to be made for this application....

I have a set of custom 180 degree headers and mufflers for sale. I can send you pictures if you are interested. I am not going to use them in my car, but the few things I know need to be changed are: remove decklid struts and their lower mounting brackets, relocate the swirl tank to the overflow location, relocate the over flow tank to the charcoal canister location-if you have one, fabricate heat shields of some type to protect the underside of your decklid. The system I have includes the rear panel cut out for two 3" pipes and a support bracket that bolts to the ZF. There may be more that needs to finish up but these are the big points. Others may chime in with more detail.

Email me if you want pictures of the system.

ken
Hi Dave.
I wrote u a posting a couple of days ago re. ur ?'s. But it seems to have disappeared into the 'electronic ether'.
Briefly ; I have been running a Hall P. 180 degree system for 6 years now along with Hall's inlet and a set of 48 IDA Webers.( ..now avilable again, the carbs... ) No problems to speak of, am using the big 'Bunny ears' scoops for the carbs.( Also helps 'push' air down- wards & out the bottom of the car & thru the open A/C grill opening, reverseing the air flow which is good for everything of course. ) Also Aquasump oil preserized system for the dreaded oil-surge prob.( This is now my 3rd motor going in.... )
If ur interested, look on this forum Techn. Inquires on page 13 under "180 Degree Exhausts" by ALAN B, on page 3 of his posting , - u'll find my postings.
I am at present taking the 'Mad Sweeede' GORAN 's great advice and am on a mad weight- loss regime: Frt. pop-up, useless, heavy lites gone with acrilic covers fitted, window glass gone, door pannels, Carbon Fibre body pannels, heater out, A/C out., Center intrument consol out, etc... Read GORANS article in new very excllent, world class top Newsletter from these very fine P. I. people........
Let me no how u are going on this. I love it. U wont believe the sound this set up makes. Jack 'dela Rich' says its adictive. It is.
Talk to me...for any other info i can offer up
Good Luck tai,
P.S. ....Any one no of a nice carbon firbre dash from any of the Vendors,.. - I havent had a chance to look just now.... ???? Cheer ....
hello everyone, thanx for the input and photos(very helpful),tai,your car looks awsome ! looks and SOUNDS like the 180's are the way to go! it will be a while before i am ready, i'm pulling motor soon to freshen engine bay, i'm thinking of going with the HALL street brute engine and the 180's.....i wont be racing this car, looking to build a nice reliable street car , its a 74 with a gt-5 body , i've got alot of work to do, but its slowly getting there !!!!..........p.s......i know pantera international offers a complete carbon fiber dash (single pod)for around 1000.00 !!.......sure looks nice!...i am in need of a dash also............thanx again....DAVE
Are they still for sale? Can you email me off-line at wdemelo@cogeco.ca

I have a set of custom 180 degree headers and mufflers for sale. I can send you pictures if you are interested. I am not going to use them in my car, but the few things I know need to be changed are: remove decklid struts and their lower mounting brackets, relocate the swirl tank to the overflow location, relocate the over flow tank to the charcoal canister location-if you have one, fabricate heat shields of some type to protect the underside of your decklid. The system I have includes the rear panel cut out for two 3" pipes and a support bracket that bolts to the ZF. There may be more that needs to finish up but these are the big points. Others may chime in with more detail.

ken[/QUOTE]
How can I get kenskat email??

quote:
Originally posted by kenskat:
QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Quik72:
thinking of changing over to 180 headers and mufflers, i was wondering what other modifications need to be made for this application....

ken
Link copied to your clipboard.