Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by accobra:
Do you think they will fit a set of C302B heads with my 9.2 deck windsor block ? Ron

Unfortunately Ron I'd say very unlikely without significant surgery. The center of the exhaust port position on the C302B is much higher than the 4V heads...around 1 5/16" higher! It would be like increasing the deck height that much than trying to bolt on the 4Vs. This will also make the bank to bank distance across the engine change significantly (over an 1 3/4") and that's a problem for the four pipes (2 from each bank) that cross over to the opposing collectors. The bolt holes in the flanges are also significantly different and wont bolt up.

May also create some other primary interference since each set of primaries moves up and outward about 7/8" depending upon routing.

Best,
K
Last edited by panterror
quote:
Originally posted by accobra:
Thanks Kelly ... trying to avoid taking the entire car after its all finished to get a custom set made ... wonder if any one has these already fitted up on fixture Ron

In the case of Kirby's set, 9.2 Deck 4V Cleve is after all the OE and most common configuration for a PCar so these are typically well developed so if that's your combo Kirby's set will most certainly bolt right up. Kirby's look to be a very nice set.

I understand your dilemma but have to tell ya, I have not had good luck with custom sets advertised to be bolt ons for my combo in either ordinary 4-1 or otherwise. After shipping headers back and forth enough to give them enough frequent flyer miles for a free ticket I decide I would just build my own from here on out. This was some years ago. I’m the same port position (C302B) as you only on 9.5 deck. You'd be surprised at the trouble what a seemingly little amount changes and movement of things can cause. I’ve since standardized on 9.5/C302B combo for pretty much all my engines.

On the other subject you and I were discussing I’ll check my parts over the weekend and give you a call.

Best,
Kelly
quote:
Originally posted by Panterror:
Hey Kirby, long time between drinks. Hope all is well. Nice set of 180s. Your post at space City says they're loud (but also have mufs)......you're breaking my heart pal. Big Grin

Take care,
Kelly

Hey, Kelly...
Don't mean to disappoint and don't get me wrong!
I like loud.

It's just that I found them too much so for street use with the round 'mufflers' that came with them. I tired cramming baffles in them, but that didn't help much.
The Magnaflows make is sound good and it howls nicely when you get on it.

But, I've owned the car since the early 80's and it didn't sound like a Pantera anymore!

I have the GT40 with 180's, as you know, and it sounds like a GT40.
:-)

So, the 180's are for sale with both options. Loud and not so loud.

Regards,
Kirby

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.