Skip to main content

1972 Pre-L Pantera #4126. It is Metallic Bronze (the original color as shown on the window sticker) and the odometer shows about 28,000 miles. Very few '72 Panteras were painted this color. The best description of the paint color would be Burnt Orange Metallic. The car was sold new at Rush Motor Sales in Columbus OH. The 1st owner, who was from Mansfield, OH, saved everything including the original window sticker, the original owner’s manual and all of his receipts. He also had the car Ziebart rust-proofed when it was new, which has worked very well, since rust is not an issue. The 2nd owner, who was from Lakeville, OH, bought the car in the year 2000 from the original owner’s wife.  He wanted it to be dependable and as nice as possible, so he treated the car to a top quality, bare metal repaint and had the original engine rebuilt. The engine is stock except for the air cleaner, the Demon carburetor and the new exhaust system. He drove it almost 2000 miles until I bought it in 2008. I have driven the car less than 1000 miles in the past 13 years primarily going to cruise-ins and “Cars and Coffee” events. Wilwood 6 piston front disc brake calipers and new brake pads have recently been installed. This Pantera is more original than most. The body has never been hit or modified and could not be nicer. The paint is almost perfect. The original chrome bumpers and stainless trim are excellent. The original interior is in mint condition. The original wheels still have their gold foil Campagnolo stickers. The original tool roll, original spacesaver spare tire, and the original steering wheel are included. Unlike most, this Pantera has never had a radio, and the factory installed radio block-off plate is still present. This car has never been wet for as long as I have owned it. It has never been in inclement weather or even washed. After every drive, I put it back in the garage, dust it off, use Mothers Instant Detailer and cover it up. I live near Dayton, Ohio. The price is $79K. Send email to: BuddyandSammy@hotmail.com for more information and pictures.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Larry,
Thanks for asking about the fuel cell. Most folks don't, and I wonder if they even look at what I send.
Shortly after my purchase, the fuel tank developed a slow leak. Since I wanted to enjoy driving the car and wasn't quite ready to go out in a blaze of glory, I looked for a quick fix. My solution was to install a 16 gallon fuel cell in the rear fiberglass tub. This approach has worked so well, that I never got around to installing the rust free original fuel tank that I had purchased. This tank is included with the sale of the car.
Thanks,
Joe

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.