Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by No Quarter:
Sitting in traffic on a hot day with windows rolled up and being comfortable is cool (sorry). And I'm old school, if it's there, it has to work.

I see your point but, that is what my daily driver is for.

In this case, because the car is for sale. I think I am damed if I do, and damed if I don't.
Will I recoup the money spent to fix it? surely not.
Will it sell faster, not really.
Otherwise, yea, I would probably fix it.
I've found that when selling a car, the argument "everything works" goes a long way. I guess from a buyer's pov, if the seller didn't fix this, could there be other things he didn't fix either? Did he bother to service it properly? Or couldn't he afford to give it proper maintenance?

I know you did, but the buyer can be uncertain
Over the years, I have owned (bought) 6 panteras. Not 1 of them had working A/C when I bought them.
I still have 2, sold 3 again with A/C not working, 1 with A/C working only to find out later that the expansion valve clogged a week after it sold.

I do understand your point, and I fully accept that someone may look at the car and say that they do not feel comfortable buying the car because the A/C does not work. I am okay with that.

There are so many positive aspects to this car that if someone can not get past the fact that the A/C doesn't work, then I think I would rather they buy someone elses car. Again I am totally okay with that.

I built this car for myself the way I wanted it and personally I was afraid that when the time came to sell it, the color would scare people away. Too wild or something. BTW the color suits this car perfect, provides personality and perspective. I am actually pleased to hear the only objection is the A/C, and not the color.
Last edited by quickitty
The color orange that you chose for your Pantera would look absolutely horrible on just about any other car. Can you imagine driving around in a Toyota Camry with bright orange paint? But with an Italian exotic body like the Pantera, it looks spectacular. I've noticed the same thing on Lambo's. I've seen Lambo's in lime green, bright orange and other colors that just wouldn't work with other cars. But on the Lambo these colors look great. I think your car awesome Jay, and I believe all the cosmetic choices you made with your car reflects the tasteful end result that anyone would be proud of. Its really a beautiful car all the way around. As for the A/C not working, I don't see that as a big deal. I'm quite surprised so many people are evening mentioning it actually.

Good luck with the sale of your car.

David
quote:
ridiculous

...is a strong word, especially when seconded by someone who on a DeTomaso forum have a non-DeTomaso car as avatar Wink Just joking

Quickitty, I was just trying to help you sell your beautiful car. If you find a buyer like us on this forum, we fix things ourself, it's no issue. But for a virgin, a first time Pantera buyer, it might make a difference. Enough said about A/C, good luck in selling, and be prepared with a Kleenex for the tears when you stand there seeing the buyer drive away in your car... Frowner
I have to confess something..........

I've owned many old cars including 3 panteras.

Did the A/C or even the radio worked on any of these cars ? I wouldn't know. Never tried it. Just love to hear the sound windows open. Sorry for the purists but these kind of cars are all about the feeling of a real ride. If I want a cool atmosphere with a symphonic orchestra on the background without any engine noise, I'll take my modern car.....

btw : Like the car if it drives as good as it looks, it's a bargain.
Mikael
Thanks, I know you are just trying to help and in almost any other circumstance, I would take your advise.
I do agree on your feeling about seeing the car go, I have just agreed on a sale and should be recieving a deposit tonight. I have many mixed feelings about letting it go. I find it best to look forward to doing my next project. Currently working on a frame off resto of my 66 vette, then back to panteras with a Group 4. I do love to work on these cars.
Link copied to your clipboard.