Skip to main content

Hello again folks. It seems that my right side tail light is a tri-color Euro style lense on my 74L and I need to replace it due to some guy the decided to run into my car in a parking lot.
It was not an accident. Anyway, if anyone has a right side lense I would be very interested.
I don't think the body shop will be able to find one.
Thanks, Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The 3-vertical-color lenses fit ONLY the matching buckets, also known as the Group-4 tail lights. The buckets have bulbs and dividers in different areas than either the stock US light, or the Euro lenses (which have a horizontal amber section) & interchange with the US lenses). There were two versions of the GR-4 lights: the type used on Panteras and MAYBE Lambo Espadas, and the Alfa Berlina sold in Europe. The Alfa assy needs two 1-1/8" long stand-offs for each assembly to fit a Pantera, but otherwise looks identical, fits fine & plugs right in.
Johnny Wood in England has sourced these units and is selling them through Tom Todak in So-Cal (both lenses & assemblies). John as you may remember, is a poor boy who bought a rusted & burned Pantera, taught himself welding and bodywork, then built all the parts he needed from scratch. He bought a broken sewing machine, figured out how it worked & fixed it, then redid his whole interior himself. His 'shop' is a 17th century stone chicken coop with a dirt floor. He wired it for power himself. He's driven his now-beautiful Pantera to Le Mans trouble-free already. I suggest using John as a worthy source for your lights. He'll be at 'Vegas, too. Tom's phone is (714) 771-7196.
Link copied to your clipboard.