Skip to main content

I had the transmission rebuilt and as my ring and pinion had to be replaced, I deiced to go with the 3.77 ratio gear. I am so happy with this new gearing that I wanted to share the experience. 1st gear, you actually shift after you have left the intersection, 2nd gear sends you back in the seat as does third in a longer and smoother power curve, 4th is more functional
as a real transition to 5th that feels more like a overdrive. I have a aluminum flywheel and a twin disc clutch, 1st gear take off is no problem. 5th gear @ 70 is 2600 rpm. My impressions are based on 517 lbs of torque and 534 hp with this engine. By the way, I missed the Dyno session due to inexplicable circumstances, R Fulp had to wing it on electronics, the advance, when I got it back it was set at 31, I now run at 34 degrees and the horse power and torque are noticeably a little more????
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

To George P. The engine works out to 394ci, 383stroker with 40 over and custom combustion chamber ( 11 to 1 ), due to milling the 66cc 302-b heads, the cam specs are in a further post, the rest is all money,Scat rotating assembly. Crane fat boy rockers, bronze guides, stainless valves hardened seats,stud girdles, single plane ( spider ) intake, 750 custom carb 78 primaries and 85 on the secondaries.electromotive crank trigger, Dan Lemon custom 180's to Borla race mufflers. By the way enjoyed your article in the news letter!
Last edited by panterachris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.