Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There is someone in Europe (Peter Baschtarz?) that has had the ring & pinions fabricated I think from an improved metallurgy for racing application. But current ring & pinions don't fail often, so can you produce them for less than the $2500 they are now?

joules posted:

There is someone in Europe (Peter Baschtarz?) that has had the ring & pinions fabricated I think from an improved metallurgy for racing application. But current ring & pinions don't fail often, so can you produce them for less than the $2500 they are now?

Where they ever on the market? We heard a lot of announcements from that guy. 

We would face almost the same scenario shipped from Europe to the US, maybe reach out to the European owners on the Facebook De Tomaso parts groups?

There is also a reputable ZF rebuilder in the UK by name of Paul Fleming, maybe he carries spares or has access to an R&P duty paid if you are quick before Brexit!

Paul Fleming
Maldon, Essex
e-mail: paul@flemingpaul.wanadoo.co.uk
Mobile: 07710 77867

Eugenio it depends on your needs. The highest grade is 2500 Euro. This is with a special surface and a better steel. But in Europe, we have some partners, who know how to setup the gearbox and we will follow the way, not selling the ring and pinions to "normal" persons. This quarantee the highest standart of workmanship, because the most important thing is the adjustment of the ring and pinion. Thanks for understanding.

If you like to service your Gearbox, please contact me.

It will not be a problem in my case. The transaxle for which I need the 3.20 r&p is a type-1 and low geared 2,42-1,47-1,09-0,96-0,84 and the 3.20 will be very similar to my type-2 with the 3.77 2,23-1,47-1,04-0,84-0,70 which is absolutely ideal for the streets. Perhaps your friend will sell me his 3.20 if he is not satisfied with it?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.