Skip to main content

At the loading dock a hour away. I've got a trailer lined up to get it mid next week weather permitting. Thing weighs 1600 lbs. Funny how this works, it's strongly advisable to use an engine hoist to assemble the lift as one section weighs 350 lbs. After 35 years of renting hoists, NOW I finally decide to just go buy one. Should have bought one years ago. LOL. I'll try to post pics of the lift assembly process and finished product. Thanks, John
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, it looks like this. There are many different lifts available obviously, you'll see them on Ebay cheap, but need to look at the shipping cost as they're 225 lbs. Compair the total cost to you. The one I just got is rated at 4500lbs, and appears to be quite servicable for what it is. The long legs fold up for storage. Actually mine is just a bit different, it's taller than pictured, front and rear wheels are much larger, and the rear piece that has the wheels attached actually extends out on both sides to increase stability.

Interesting.. I actually looked at the Pep Boy's lift and walked away from it, seemed to be much more flimisly (sp?) built and poorly designed. Unfortunately the pic I posted looks more like the item that failed than what I actually bought. The top arm on mine is larger rectangular tubing, as are the legs, backbone, etc, top ram mount is a full 5" long rather than just 2 small 'ears' and is mounted directly benieth the center bridge of the top reinforcement. The pin holes on mine are moved further away from the top ram mount, you'll notice that's where the failure occured on the Pep Boy's lift, also mine has 4" metal wheels front and rear, not those little things. I'll try to find a more accurate pic. Thanks for the eye-opening photos!.. Based on the pic of the Red lift, and using the 1.25" vertical bridge as a reference, looks like the top beam is about 2.5" in height, so the beam itself is probably 2.5 x 2.5 or smaller. The top beam on the blue lift is 3.5" x 2.5"

Here's a pic of the top beam of the list I purchased:

Last edited {1}
Had 4-post lift delivered today. My recommendation for anyone going through this in the future is to do what I did on my ..second.. attempt, hire a roll-back truck. Well worth the expense and makes off loading a snap. Hasn't rained here all week, sky opened up when the truck arrived, so we put it under the carport until I install. This thing weighs 1700 lbs, I made sure it did not land on my toe, whould have definately left a mark. LOL

More as it comes.

Last edited {1}
Link copied to your clipboard.