Skip to main content

Hello, Time to sell my baby, a GT4 style widebody with steel flares and wings front and back. A pro built 408 stroker with CHI-4V heads,
Hyd roller cam, 8 stack Hilborn EFI with FAST electronics. All carbon fiber dash and doors, including the front and rear deck inserts. Auto Meter gauges deep pile carpeting and new leather on the Recaro seats, with 4 strap seat belts.
Beautiful Ferrari Lite Yellow paint really pops and is in very good condition. Has won many trophies that come with it.
There is so much more to tell, so contact me if serious at mbglobalsc@aol.com Asking $125K Thank You
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
What looks, what description... did I miss something?

I remember discussing details back in 2005. Looked like a nice build from what I saw with lots of interior carbon fiber, nicely done flares, and engine bay speaks for itself below. Still should be "asking" more in my opinion, but not sure what the car looks like today. I don't like to post other persons detail and photos, but couldn't resist for the engine bay, but will take it off if he doesn't like. The pure stock boys should probably stay away.

Engine by JanDaMan, on Flickr
Thank you for posting the picture of my engine bay. By the way, I'm impressed with your memory too. The one change to this picture is the carbon fiber inserts on the underside of the deck lid. They were made locally and turned out real sharp. I had the guy that made them do the inserts for the front deck lid as well. They all tie in well with the carbon fiber dash and doors.
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsbad Car Guy:
Thank you for posting the picture of my engine bay. By the way, I'm impressed with your memory too. The one change to this picture is the carbon fiber inserts on the underside of the deck lid. They were made locally and turned out real sharp. I had the guy that made them do the inserts for the front deck lid as well. They all tie in well with the carbon fiber dash and doors.

Yeah, the wife says I have selective memory & the same with hearing too. I bet the carbon fiber underside deck lid looks great. Good luck with the sale. Could be replicated for a lot more money and wait time, but seems like a nice buy for a screaming yellow buyer now. Do some good photos & sell that puppy. I would consider it but am going the other way like you. Lotsa nice work went into yours.
quote:
Originally posted by gilles027:
Come on guys, just stay on the carpet.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1974-De...orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$55.000 for a similar good car, so what are you talking about.

Prices are already on the fall.

What the hey, someone should poke the buy button on that $55 if true for the white one. Seems too low, more realistic here at $180 on that white one:

https://fastlanecars.com/vehic...74-de-tomaso-pantera

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-D...AOSw2N1ZzeL0&vxp=mtr
quote:

That ad is a scam. Here is the real ad for the white car asking $179K. It's not likely to sell anywhere near that in my opinion.

I'd agree, $180K would be damn close to getting you in my original 1981 GT5.

On the GT4 clone, if serious in selling I'd suggest a full description and link to lots of photos, not making everyone rely on Jan's selective memory Big Grin

It's impossible to judge a car's worth from one photo!
While I appreciate the discussion over my pricing and how I should be running my ad, I
posted the with the caveat: " If someone is serious" send me an email, as I have a full CD of photos to share that cover every aspect of my car.
As of today I have a full price offer and 2 scam attempts. If the possible buyer gets his cash together before I move out of California in 3 weeks, he owns a real nice Pantera. If not, I keep it.I too feel the prices are a bit soft right now. Beyond that, thanks for the input I have received.
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsbad Car Guy:
As of today I have a full price offer and 2 scam attempts. If the possible buyer gets his cash together before I move out of California in 3 weeks, he owns a real nice Pantera. If not, I keep it.

Yeah I bet, with that build and HP it seems like a nice buy. I get the same low $100s all day long without any real marketing. Give me a PM if you don't mind on any good marketing sources you may have found, as I am looking at marketing sources myself rather than the typical ebay, etc. Or just shoot me an email like old times: ciao4u2@aol.com
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:

That ad is a scam. Here is the real ad for the white car asking $179K. It's not likely to sell anywhere near that in my opinion.

Nonesense Mark, that is no scam, that is what one was willing to pay at an ebay auction he made.
Of course the reserve was way heigher and the seller, in BOTH cases fastlaneclassiccars, wanted to put some interest on his car.

But it was NO scam, it was real, it was an approach to sell this car.

The best someone wanted to give at that auction was $55.100, not a penny more.

He will not sell it for this kind of money, sure, but on the other hand, no one will pay 120 or even 180k, at least not at the moment.
Last edited by Debbie
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:

Nonesense Mark, this is no scam, it was the same seller, fastlanecars, the same ebay account, the same seller, read it, sorry.

He tried to sell it via a regular ebay auction and the best he could get was $55.100.
He did not sell it for that kind of money of course, he keept it, because the reserve was higher, but that was the winning bid, $55.100, the best money some guy wanted to pay was $55.100, no more.

The links you post are buy it now from fastlane, the one i posted was an auction on the SAME car, it is the same car, that did not bring a higher bid then $55.100.
Sorry Joules, I am not an idiot, so definitly not you can use offers as statistical data for the worth of a car. No one said that.
But neither you can use what someone else hopes in thin air it is worth as the worth of a car.
This is all I said.
And it was not a scam, anybody prayed, that it was scam those $55.100, it was not.
I own 3 Panteras, so I am in the business also and would like to see billions of euros for those cars but this is stupid.

$180k for such a car? Not at the moment. For an original ok, but not for a frickeld car. People don't pay for what someone chose and spent. They want to choose themselves or pay less.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.