Skip to main content

Hello, Time to sell my baby, a GT4 style widebody with steel flares and wings front and back. A pro built 408 stroker with CHI-4V heads,
Hyd roller cam, 8 stack Hilborn EFI with FAST electronics. All carbon fiber dash and doors, including the front and rear deck inserts. Auto Meter gauges deep pile carpeting and new leather on the Recaro seats, with 4 strap seat belts.
Beautiful Ferrari Lite Yellow paint really pops and is in very good condition. Has won many trophies that come with it.
There is so much more to tell, so contact me if serious at mbglobalsc@aol.com Asking $125K Thank You
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
What looks, what description... did I miss something?

I remember discussing details back in 2005. Looked like a nice build from what I saw with lots of interior carbon fiber, nicely done flares, and engine bay speaks for itself below. Still should be "asking" more in my opinion, but not sure what the car looks like today. I don't like to post other persons detail and photos, but couldn't resist for the engine bay, but will take it off if he doesn't like. The pure stock boys should probably stay away.

Engine by JanDaMan, on Flickr
Thank you for posting the picture of my engine bay. By the way, I'm impressed with your memory too. The one change to this picture is the carbon fiber inserts on the underside of the deck lid. They were made locally and turned out real sharp. I had the guy that made them do the inserts for the front deck lid as well. They all tie in well with the carbon fiber dash and doors.
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsbad Car Guy:
Thank you for posting the picture of my engine bay. By the way, I'm impressed with your memory too. The one change to this picture is the carbon fiber inserts on the underside of the deck lid. They were made locally and turned out real sharp. I had the guy that made them do the inserts for the front deck lid as well. They all tie in well with the carbon fiber dash and doors.

Yeah, the wife says I have selective memory & the same with hearing too. I bet the carbon fiber underside deck lid looks great. Good luck with the sale. Could be replicated for a lot more money and wait time, but seems like a nice buy for a screaming yellow buyer now. Do some good photos & sell that puppy. I would consider it but am going the other way like you. Lotsa nice work went into yours.
quote:
Originally posted by gilles027:
Come on guys, just stay on the carpet.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1974-De...orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$55.000 for a similar good car, so what are you talking about.

Prices are already on the fall.

What the hey, someone should poke the buy button on that $55 if true for the white one. Seems too low, more realistic here at $180 on that white one:

https://fastlanecars.com/vehic...74-de-tomaso-pantera

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-D...AOSw2N1ZzeL0&vxp=mtr
quote:

That ad is a scam. Here is the real ad for the white car asking $179K. It's not likely to sell anywhere near that in my opinion.

I'd agree, $180K would be damn close to getting you in my original 1981 GT5.

On the GT4 clone, if serious in selling I'd suggest a full description and link to lots of photos, not making everyone rely on Jan's selective memory Big Grin

It's impossible to judge a car's worth from one photo!
While I appreciate the discussion over my pricing and how I should be running my ad, I
posted the with the caveat: " If someone is serious" send me an email, as I have a full CD of photos to share that cover every aspect of my car.
As of today I have a full price offer and 2 scam attempts. If the possible buyer gets his cash together before I move out of California in 3 weeks, he owns a real nice Pantera. If not, I keep it.I too feel the prices are a bit soft right now. Beyond that, thanks for the input I have received.
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsbad Car Guy:
As of today I have a full price offer and 2 scam attempts. If the possible buyer gets his cash together before I move out of California in 3 weeks, he owns a real nice Pantera. If not, I keep it.

Yeah I bet, with that build and HP it seems like a nice buy. I get the same low $100s all day long without any real marketing. Give me a PM if you don't mind on any good marketing sources you may have found, as I am looking at marketing sources myself rather than the typical ebay, etc. Or just shoot me an email like old times: ciao4u2@aol.com
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:

That ad is a scam. Here is the real ad for the white car asking $179K. It's not likely to sell anywhere near that in my opinion.

Nonesense Mark, that is no scam, that is what one was willing to pay at an ebay auction he made.
Of course the reserve was way heigher and the seller, in BOTH cases fastlaneclassiccars, wanted to put some interest on his car.

But it was NO scam, it was real, it was an approach to sell this car.

The best someone wanted to give at that auction was $55.100, not a penny more.

He will not sell it for this kind of money, sure, but on the other hand, no one will pay 120 or even 180k, at least not at the moment.
Last edited by Debbie
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:

Nonesense Mark, this is no scam, it was the same seller, fastlanecars, the same ebay account, the same seller, read it, sorry.

He tried to sell it via a regular ebay auction and the best he could get was $55.100.
He did not sell it for that kind of money of course, he keept it, because the reserve was higher, but that was the winning bid, $55.100, the best money some guy wanted to pay was $55.100, no more.

The links you post are buy it now from fastlane, the one i posted was an auction on the SAME car, it is the same car, that did not bring a higher bid then $55.100.
Sorry Joules, I am not an idiot, so definitly not you can use offers as statistical data for the worth of a car. No one said that.
But neither you can use what someone else hopes in thin air it is worth as the worth of a car.
This is all I said.
And it was not a scam, anybody prayed, that it was scam those $55.100, it was not.
I own 3 Panteras, so I am in the business also and would like to see billions of euros for those cars but this is stupid.

$180k for such a car? Not at the moment. For an original ok, but not for a frickeld car. People don't pay for what someone chose and spent. They want to choose themselves or pay less.
Hagerty -5% Mecum -10% on Pantera prices, ebay also, anyone who wants can proove this.

Porsche Mercedes and other are even worse, falling 5 consecutive 3 month periods at hagerty at 3-5%. Hagerty uses real car sales as price base.
The market is falling and we will see even lower prices soon.
It will still be serious money for our cars but i think we passed the top already.
quote:
Sorry Joules, I am not an idiot, so definitely not you can use offers as statistical data for the worth of a car. No one said that.

But you did say "Come on guys, just stay on the carpet.$55.000 for a similar good car, so what are you talking about."

That car didn't sell for $55K so quoting it is immaterial. I think it's testament to a great car that the GT4 sold for asking price of $125K

quote:
Hagerty -5% Mecum -10% on Pantera prices, ebay also, anyone who wants can proove this.

Porsche Mercedes and other are even worse, falling 5 consecutive 3 month periods at hagerty at 3-5%. Hagerty uses real car sales as price base.
The market is falling and we will see even lower prices soon.
It will still be serious money for our cars but i think we passed the top already.

That's not all bad IMO as many investors are likely out of a falling market for a while and these cars will get into the hands of people who love them for what they are rather than an investment portfolio stuck in the corner of a garage to be dusted off occasionally.
Of course white car did not sell, as I said, but it was no scam. And a best offer for a "$180k car" (phantasy price tag) after a 10 days auction of $55.100 shows one thing. The price tag on the car is nowhere near reality.
The price must be somewhere in between and in my opinion closer to the $55k then to the $180k.

Falling prices is ok to me also because car guys can easier get hand on cars, of course.
It is just that the market is falling and no more on the rise, not more.

"
As of today I have a full price offer and 2 scam attempts. If the possible buyer gets his cash together before I move out of California in 3 weeks, he owns a real nice Pantera. If not, I keep it.I too feel the prices are a bit soft right now. Beyond that, thanks for the input I have received.
"

Mark, you said $125k is a proove for the worth. So did it sell or is it kept because the buyer doesnt get "the money together". I don't know for now.
And if he didnt get the money, it is also, as you said, immaterial data and no proove for Pantera sales prices.
Wink
If the white one is around $180, mine is too cheap at $135 IMO. The white one is an overkill let's change everything, embroidered center glove box lid etc. IMO of course. But the worst thing is the stance, the fenders are built wrong so the car has to be Jeep high. I bet it scrapes its tires.

The yellow looks a lot better, that's one that would appeal to a Pantera-knowing buyer.

Just my $0.02
Image result for highest priced Ferrari
newatlas.com
A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO serial number 3851GT sold at Bonham's Quail Auction on August 14, 2014 for US$38,115,000.00 (including buyers premium), breaking the record previously held by a 1954 Mercedes-Benz W196R race car, sold for a record $31 million at an auction in England on July 12, 2013.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Ferrii
quote:
Originally posted by pantera chris:
I am always amazed how Pantera owners run down their cars, on price especially, please sell your car for what $25,000.00? I have never heard a Ferrari, Porsche, or Mercedes owner say their cars are over priced. get a Mazda.

I am talking about realistic, definitly high prices. We are around $60-120k for most Pantera sales right now, which is defo serious money and I am very happy with it.
But dreaming makes no sense. If you want to dream, get a pillow. Wink
De Tomaso does not have the pedigree of old Ferraris and will most probably never have. You may not like it, but that does not make it less true.
I helped friends to get some and bought and sold myself some, so altogether 7.
I base what I say also and even more on observations on ebay and mecum auctions an other sources.

Now up to you, how much Panteras did you sell? By the way, one question mark is enough.

Yes, some GT5s are worth even 250k, no doubt.

"your opinion is like another item on your lower torso and everyone has one"
Well I am not a native speaker hope thats not too unfriendly what you meant.

I don't cut no ones head of in terms of what our cars are worth.

Well there is only one truth which is the market. Something is worth what someone pays and not what someone hopes.
Haha, you guys still on the price subject? Been away for a bit in upstate NY visiting and driving my moms car trying to avoid potholes. How does anyone drive exotics here? But back on the price issue, top end cars that I have seen bring good money you usually have to see in person and not just rely on photos & text to make a judgement. Take the high end restored cars for instance where many of the top end hot rod builds bring big money at auction, whereas the average but good restorations fetch prices that hit the average range. We all seen it on TV such as with Barrett Jackson, where one moment a beautiful looking Nomad fetches only $50k, but then another one that looks a bit similar on TV fetches way into the 6 figures. If you see both cars in person then you notice why there was such a difference in price. Plus as far as market price on cars, then you have the folks that get very good offers but the owners just won't sell their cars until it hits their mark. I see that mainly with my buddies with their high end cars that they trailer around to major car shows and people try and work deals.
I sold 100's of cars in my early twenty's, I was one of the sales managers at "Town and Country Ford, one of the largest dealerships in the San Fernando Valley ( second only to "Galpin Ford" ) if you think a car is not worth much, you won't sell it for much. The biggest mistake Pantera guys make is selling their car to cheep, the hardest thing to get into the salesman's head was to see through the buyers eyes not their own, one more tip to the seller, you can always lower you price, but you can never raise it. A good deal is when the buyer is happy and the seller is happy, no matter what the price. Finally get positive and extraordinary things will happen, the Pantera is one of the most beautiful mid-engine Italian creations ever made!
I see your point, but their is no difference to the art of the deal, how to sell remains a mystery to those not trained. On high ticket items 10 million or more, not much changes. I am only trying to convince you not to drive the price down, hear in the U.S. we continue to see the Pantera rise in the super car market, of course in Bretten with additional penalties on a modified car or importing a car the landscape changes as the government steps in. ( did not notice you are in the European union.)A lower price on a car in the U.S. makes for a better price in Bretten, right? At T& C I trained the son of the owner of Ladin Lincoln Mercury in Thousand oaks, we sold a number of Panteras and a Mongusta, always for more than they were new. How much does a Pantera sell for in Germany?
Depends on the version and condition. An original GT5S is called currently 140 - 190K Euro but a GT5 or years before around 65-110 Euro.

If I would sell my GT5S I'd go for this one (I am looking for a Group 4 version). But as mentioned. Buyer and seller should be happy and a having a fair deal. However
Bringing that car into 'Europe' you have to add at least 15% (Sipping and import duty) plus Registration / MOT...
quote:
I am only trying to convince you not to drive the price down, hear in the U.S. we continue to see the Pantera rise in the super car market, of course in Bretten with additional penalties on a modified car or importing a car the landscape changes as the government steps in.

Panteras sell a little higher in germany then in the US but only the unmodded ones. The custom cars sell at lower money.

The prices did raise close to a Euor/$100k figure for good cars and the Panteras deserve it, no doubt.

What penalties are you talking about, that I am allowed to drive at any speed here in germany on public roads? Well that's not a penalty, that is 100% freedom. Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.