Skip to main content

I've had this car for years and I realized lately that I'll never have the time to finish it, I have too many other projects to finish first. It's a '73 with GT5 front spoiler and fender flares. I can sell it whole or part out the motor, trans, wheels, etc. It raced for years in the Silver State Classic. The car is 80% together and is rust free, but needs general reassembly. It's a roller currently, with the motor/trans out of the car but included in the sale. It needs the drivetrain re-installed, needs to be wired, the interior needs to be reassembled, and generally just needs to be gone through and put back together. Needs a windshield. A/C and heat have been removed, I still have most of the parts to re-install it if desired. It's a 99% rust-free car, the floors have a small amount of surface rust. No rot anywhere that I can see. The title is signed by the previous owner, I never registered it. Salvage title due to a theft in the 80's, but the car has been registered on the road since then by the previous owner. This car raced about 5 years ago, before it was put away. It's been stored indoors, in a dry garage since then. It's a VERY good candidate for re-assembly / restoration. It would probably take a few good weekends to get back to running condition. It's an old race car, so there's dings and paint chips, but there is no body damage, frame damage, or mechanical issues that I know of.

Here's the specs:

Engine
Built for reliability & endurance for sustained high speed.
351C 4 bolt main engine rebuilt @ 75,000 miles bored .060 over 10.5-1 TRW pistons
Edelbrock roller timing chain
Hydraulic lifters, Edelbrock Roller rockers drilled & tapped for stud mount (not pressed)
Isky 270 degree Supercam 431270, valve springs, pushrods & valve retainers. Peak
Power range 3500-5000 RPM, Good Idle & Vacuum. Totally street driveable
Engine fully studded with NASCAR ARP studs and bolts
Other hardware SS Socket head cap screws
High volume water pump Wieand (Alum)
Melling oil pump
Centerforce Clutch
Demon 4 BBL Carb
Edelbrock Torquer aluminum intake Manifold polished
Big bore headers & exhaust, 4 glass pack mufflers (straight thru)
Mallory electronic distributor- Giant ignition coil oil filled
Mallory 110 Electric fuel pump braided fuel lines
Engine Oil cooler – rear mounted forced air fed through NACA air inlets

Chassis & Suspension
Rebuilt 5 speed ZF transaxle, polished, safety wired by Butfoy
Forged Imola Aluminum wheels, 19x13” rear, 18x10” front
Michelin Pilot Y rated (180 MPH) 345-30-ZR19 rear, 285-35-ZR18 front
Speedometer gear changed for accuracy
0-200 MPH Speedometer
Lay down radiator with dual 14” sucker fans- Hot air exhaust through carbon fiber hood vents
Stainless Steel coolant pipes to rear
Modified rear uprights for tapered wheel bearings
Koni coil over Shocks all around
Painted engine compartment
Reinforced chassis rear
Braided brake lines
Rebuilt calipers
New master cylinder (CNC)
New steering rack
Dana truck u jonts on halfshafts
Urethane suspension bushings throughout
All joints have Zerk fittings

Interior
3 point bolt in roll cage - currently removed
Momo seats
Lecarra quick release steering wheel
Dashboard is felt-covered metal, no foam
Have most gauges to re-assemble, but it's not complete

Body
Carbon Fiber front hood (Also have original steel hood)
Updated ford window motors
GT-5 Air Dam & flares
NACA Scoops at rear quarter windows for carb air & oil cooler

Below are a few photos of the car when it was on the road. It's all still there, just disassembled. I will update the thread with current photos if anyone is interested. If interested, please call 845-803-7592 or email me at hotrodkush@gmail.com. Make me an offer. Might also be interested in a trade for ???.

The car and drivetrain is in Putnam County, NY.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sometimes selling your Pantera can cause seller's remorse. Especially when you've been working on it with visions of driving the back roads as the end result. It's not unlike having an argument with with the wife and being on the verge of separation only to remember how good the sex was. Those memories compel one to want to remain in their cherished relationshp. Panteras have been an eomtional journey for me since 1978!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.