Skip to main content

In case there are any of you out there interested in this one, I thought I'd pass along the results of an inspection that was done on this car last week by a pantera expert.

Serial number: THPNMT04977

The car was found to have a lot of Bondo along the back (a small magnet would not stick to parts of this area.) Both rear quarter panels were described as having a sectioned back half. Also the rear frame was described as crushed.

The following mechanical items were found to be bad and in need of replacing:

Steering rack
Shocks and bushings
A Arm bushings
Cooling hoses
AC Pump (not working)
Front lower ball joints
U-joints on both sides
Door rubber
Sway Bar Bushings
Brake pads
Rear tires

Radiator fans, although new, are on manual switches. Backup lights, door lights, & 2 side marker lights do not work. Passenger side window was inoperable.

The engine and transmission leaked oil, the motor oil needed replacing, and the engine had a hard time starting and idled rough.

As far as the ownership details on this car:
The original owner owned it until 1992. It was sold or traded to a dealer who kept it in his inventory (and put 1200 miles on it) until 4 months ago when the car was traded to the current owner (another dealer).

The paint job looked pretty good and seemed nicely done. The owner thinks it was done about 6 years ago.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the heads-up. I was one of the top five bidders on this car. I can assure you that I will not be bidding this time around. As one of the top five high bidders I was emailed this letter:

Hello,
The red pantera that you were bidding on is now available. The car was taken for inspection by us for the high bidder at Gary Hall Pantera , Downey, CA
It was given a beautifull report as a very original very nice,. accident, rust free pantera with original miles. The winning bidder cannot fullfill his financial obligations and we have decided to offer the car to the next five high bidders.
You can contact me at either of the numbers listed below, or please by email.
Thanks,
boy, you'd never know by looking at the pitures.... :-))

\
quote:
Originally posted by Pantera_Seeker:
The seller "ssclassics" cancelled the auction shortly after receiving the following negative feedback:

"73 Pantera had problems/No sale due to prior body damage"

He has since made his feedback profile private so the comment can't be seen.

The auction can be found for the next 30 days at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593776374&r=0&t=0

Link copied to your clipboard.