Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I like the new paint scheme. Very subtle strip down the middle. Nice.

I think your original campies would look outstanding with your car...assuming you have the rare 15 inch tires to go with them. Last set of those campies I'd seen on ebay went for over $2000, so there's a market for those wheels, I guess.

Good luck with the car!
Hey Quik, well done.
Good to see you guys doing so much of the real work yourselfs. Thats very comendable, and just look at what we all are coming up with,- such a fantastic wide variety of choices, colours, ideas, - one doesnt see that anywhere else really.... this is the best.... Keep it up.

Quik wont you let me know what paint you've used and does it have the light brown tint to it, or is it just my eyes fading? - I love it, and would like to use it on one of my other mad dreams; Project # 210; ( a Jaguar special we have been building now for a while based on & around the fabulous JAG XJS V12 SOHC all ally. motor and all the rest of the XJS running gear, but using a 1937 Jag MK 4 body which we have turned into a 2 door coupe, which the factory never built, who knows why, - we welded up the rear doors, shortened the body 10 inches, extended the hood (bonnet) 10" to accomodate the big V12 and boy will this be a beauty, with its massive P2 headlights, lourvered hood etc.. I want to go your colour on main body with Porsche silver down the side of the car...plse let me no the specs of ur paint used on ur gorgious Cat.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted..
quote:
Originally posted by 1Quik72:
lots of work to do !!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Tai Krige:
Hey Quik, well done.
Good to see you guys doing so much of the real work yourselfs. Thats very comendable, and just look at what we all are coming up with,- such a fantastic wide variety of choices, colours, ideas, - one doesnt see that anywhere else really.... this is the best.... Keep it up.

Quik wont you let me know what paint you've used and does it have the light brown tint to it, or is it just my eyes fading? - I love it, and would like to use it on one of my other mad dreams; Project # 210; ( a Jaguar special we have been building now for a while based on & around the fabulous JAG XJS V12 SOHC all ally. motor and all the rest of the XJS running gear, but using a 1937 Jag MK 4 body which we have turned into a 2 door coupe, which the factory never built, who knows why, - we welded up the rear doors, shortened the body 10 inches, extended the hood (bonnet) 10" to accomodate the big V12 and boy will this be a beauty, with its massive P2 headlights, lourvered hood etc.. I want to go your colour on main body with Porsche silver down the side of the car...plse let me no the specs of ur paint used on ur gorgious Cat.
quote:
.........................................hello tai, thanx for the compliment, i will get in touch with my paint shop this week and get the paint codes for you, the body color was called PEWTER metalic, and i believe the stripe was dark ARGENT, they were both GM colors, but i will get all the specs for you, they look very nice together,the pewter color has alot of metalic in it , and when in the sunlite, it really GLOWS !!...................DAVE
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tai Krige:
Hey Quik, well done.

quote:
.........................................hello tai, thanx for the compliment, i will get in touch with my paint shop this week and get the paint codes for you, the body color was called PEWTER metalic, and i believe the stripe was dark ARGENT, they were both GM colors, but i will get all the specs for you, they look very nice together,the pewter color has alot of metalic in it , and when in the sunlite, it really GLOWS !!.........GOOD good luck on your other project, sounds VERY COOL !!!..........DAVE

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.