Skip to main content

Hi all,

Thought I would share some pics of my own fabricated screen and a billet air cleaner top. A friend of mine made the top and he is willing to make more. Other logos are possible. He may also make other small parts if there is enough demand. Post here if any of you are interested.

Mike #3482

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 100_1944
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dave, Not sure what you mean by "circular solid piece" I have black foam around the filter just to hide the bright white paper. I cut down a Moroso foam kit to make it fit. Then just out from that is black door edge guard to finish off the round hole in the screen.

Jeff, The top is 10 inch dia. That is as big as you can get and still clear the screen back edge.

Jeff 4134, I started with a cheapo Mr Gasket 10 inch filter. Im using that bottom and a off the shelf element. The top itself is 3/8 thick like the old one you mentioned. This new one is modeled off the old 14" one.
Where did you find the 1/4" thick spacer? Is it an open center design or four bores? I have a Blue Thunder with a 1/2" thick four bore phenolic spacer under my Demon thats just a wee bit too tall for me to get my engine screen on. With no spacer the carb linkage interferes with the manifold. A 1/4" would work though.

Some day a set of those CHI heads are going to be on my motor too. Very nice.
quote:
The 4V is the same as a 3V except the intake port is opened up to accept the 4V manifolds. I wanted to use a Blue Thunder Pantera intake, and keep the headers I already had.

Same reason I got the 4V's, I wanted to be able to use a Weber manifold and the 3V's are limited to a choice of two intake manifolds. Existing 4V headers should work, but the 3V ports are lifted so clearance can be an issue on some Pantera's. The flow differences aren't that great unless you are really pushing for +550HP.
Link copied to your clipboard.