Skip to main content

Yes Jon, as I recall...we suffer the same affliction.
Hi Robert, Thanks for that info... no wonder she runs so strong!

I machined up some spacers for the front hubs, so the wheels pilot to the hub and not the lugs. I didn't feel the need to space the wheel out any (like the rears)...so just made rings which are a snug fit to both mating pieces.

Hey JFB, The fronts are 235-40-17, the rears are 285-40-17. I haven't measured the track width..sorry. I can do so if you need it.

Robert, I just recognized I missed a question... regarding the brakes and clutch going to the floor...I haven't done anything other than fill and bleed to be honest.

Started the day off doing some paint details. First I pin striped the wheels

Then I painted the stripe on the fender...

Then I spent the rest of the day/eve tackling the exhaust.

Sounds great..! The wife says the dishes rattle in the cabinets when I pull in the garage... PERFECT..! Big Grin
Rob,

The hydraulic fluid for the clutch disappears very slowly with no signs of a leak anywhere. It takes several months before it is low. The brakes had a puddle one day under the left rear and I never investigated. The exhaust looks awesome, it can't be as loud as before can it?
By the way we put in a new clutch when the motor was rebuilt. There are about 1,200 miles on it since the rebuild.
But he said "Clutch".....

quote:
The hydraulic fluid for the clutch disappears very slowly with no signs of a leak anywhere

I agree that's what it sounds like, though... if it's brakes....

He was having clutch problems too...

quote:
When I sold the car the brakes and the clutch went to the floor, how did you fix those?
I'm going with Aliens. Seems the most logical proposal.

Robert, Have not yet had to add brake fluid. A caliper leak is of course feasible...but I can't confirm, as I pulled the cals apart and cleaned em up. I haven't seen any evidence of leaks yet.

The clutch master was weeping when I picked her up. The trunk area under it was wet with brake fluid. I assumed I would have to rebuild the cylinder..but since I added fluid and bled the air...it hasn't leaked anymore.... magic. or...Aliens... whichever. Honestly, I have rebuilding the cylinder on the list of to dos...just to be certain.

Out in the sun... put about 5 miles on the odo doing laps around my neighborhood on Sunday. I think she's about ready for an extended run out on the roads... Let's see if I can do so w/o getting arrested. (Yep..that would be good.)

JFB, I think with this exhaust, silent run is out of the question. But....what I didn't share with you guys is that I glued aluminum foil to the body before I painted it... she's invisible to radar!! Admittedly, I do like the water soluble paint idea though...hmmm... got me thinkin.

Garth, the one in the background is 4042. She's waiting patiently to get rolled back into the shop.
Oh..and thanks. I appreciate it. I love the "bad ass" look that's coming out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.