Skip to main content

Custom EFI Intake For Sale

Set up to use 16 injectors. 8 injectors close to the ports optimize throttle response, and 8 injectors fire direct into top of the air horns for max power. Either run phased or in parallel.

Left and right runners are separate for use with multiple deck heights. This set-up was built for use with Yates heads.

Includes Fabricated Aluminum Airbox set-up for use on a 9.2" deck motor.

Located in Los Angeles - $3K

More pics at:
EFI Intake For Sale

Metal Decklid also available separately (if you don't want to notch your current one for clearance).

Dave - detomaso.pantera at verizon.net
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by PanteraDoug:
Did you build the intake from scratch or is it modified from Kinsler maybe?

What brand of throttle bodies are they?

Does it include a computer and the sensors?

Doug, that looks kinda what like I had envisoned, only my runners where straight and went into an angled plenum bottom, so it would set lower and the side intakes were going to have two of thos double throttle bodies with injectors under them. So during normal running a low rpm it would inject in just the IR. But at wide open throttle it would inject under the throttle bodies also. Like when the secondaries open on a four barrel. Then I was gonna run tubes from the throttle bodies to the side wall of the frame where inside the frame I would have a K&N filter on the end of each tube. This way it would breath cold outside air instead of hot engine compartment air.
Hi PanteraDoug,

Regarding your questions on the intake:

The manifold base is modified from a Weber system. This is similar to what Dennis Quella at Pantera Performance did for his race car. To quote Dennis from an article in PI, "After considerable welding, grinding, doweling and port matching, I finally had two separate 4V manifolds". It was not as simple as cutting apart a Weber manifold!

There are CNC'ed mounting plates that match the manifold to the throttle bodies. The throttles were sourced in the U.K. These are also available with dual injectors per body - in case you want to run 24 injectors total Wink

The air-horn & air-box assembly was fabricated in the U.K. as was the fuel rail for the top (8) injectors.

I also have a complete Motec system to drive the fuel and ignition including M48 ECU, ignition expander, ignitors, sensors, pump, relays, harness, etc. All the Motec stuff was not included in the quoted price (since many people have their own preferences on the drive electronics), but let me know what you're looking for and we can negotiate from there. Included would be the upper and lower fuel rails, pressure gauge, and whatever sensors (e.g. TPS and pressure) are still attached to the system when I next pull it out of it's box.

I set the price based on what I've paid for similar systems from Kinsler and Hilborn. Beyond those systems I haven't really price-shopped. What else is out there that you're considering?

And if you're more interested in either a Kinsler or Hilborn system let me know. We might be able to work a deal for either one of those.

Regards,
Dave
Link copied to your clipboard.