Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by ItalFord:
The turn signal device is quite ingenious. I must say the sound it makes is a bit annoying. A TICK TICK TICK would have been more pleasing. Just my 2 cents

I understand what you are saying. I spent a lot of time working with buzzers. There was a lot which went into the decision to make the buzzer; cost, size, voltage, current, etc. A more pleasing buzzer would probably require a larger external buzzer which would not be convenient for the product.

The noise is not so bad up under a dash. A guy put an earlier version in a Cobra but the buzzer could not be heard. This one has a volume control which is nice so at least you can turn it open for open roadsters with loud exhaust and still hear it.

I filed for patents on both this version and the version I put in the Pantera which operates off of a rotary encoder.
I had a problem getting it started. The video was only the second start since I put the engine in the car. I would crank and crank, let it sit and do it again. I have distributor less ignition and the unit was not picking up the index on the trigger wheel.

When it did start it fired through the carb and back fired until it started. I finally traced it with the help of some research and others to the magnetic pickup.

The starter wire runs down the frame rail and is too close to the magnetic pickup. One fix is a resistor and another fix is a metal plate to block the wire but either way I have it starting like any other car now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.