Skip to main content

Boy, you're an impulsive one aren't you?! The 2007 has the tried and true 4.2L engine which is very reliable. One of the only problem areas of the 2007 cars is the condensation tube on those cars gets clogged and spills over into the passenger side compartment. There are numerous easy fixes that you can find by going to jaguarforums.com X150. You should join the forum too, it is an incredibly informational source for all issues. I have a silver 5.0L (2010) coupe, that is much quicker than my Pantera was, but with the new engine in the Pantera, I ought to be having some fun. I can tell you that the reliability of the X150 platform with either engine has been exceptional for a high performance/luxury car. There are two things you must be diligent about, checking oil and coolant levels. And since there is no dipstick, it has to be done electronically and takes longer than the owners' manual tells you. So, I just check it every few days before I start the car in the morning, it will register a little low before the first start, but so long as it's in the range, you'll know you're okay. I see your car has the adaptive cruise control, I don't use mine, but it's an option that is relatively rare and coveted by many. You're car is beautiful and the seats look new, how many miles on the car? And since we know you'll want to do modding at some point, there are lots of aftermarket suppliers like Mina Galleries in Los Angeles or Paramount in Europe and many others. Have fun.
Forgive the ramblings of an annoyed old man, but help me understand the market...

My Pantera hasn't sold. Not even close. Of course it's not cheap, I realize that, and for you Americans it must seem even more expensive. But, compare my price to the others on mobile.de, it's not too expensive spec for spec. And on pistonheads.co.uk, last I looked it was the cheapest Pantera! Strange. Of course, if you don't want a Pre-L and if you don't like the non-OEM shiny blue metallic, that can explain it. Still, I wonder why it hasn't sold. At the same time I see either really Plain Jane Panteras sell and I see rebuilt fake "rare" models go for $$$. OK, enough about my frustrations, but help me understand...

My Pantera has 3 strong selling points that apparently don't get the buyers in:
1 600 HP
2 No rust, never rusted, never rust-reparied by anyone with perhaps mediocre skills
3 Everything works, always starts, never overheats, A/C works, could be a daily driver

Ad 1: I thought that in itself would sell this Pantera quick. I've always bought my cars with as much HP as I could afford. The buyer of this Pantera will be able to outrun all his 400-500 HP friends. But apparently potential Pantera owners just don't care about performance? Are they all wimps?! Wink (I'm sure we all agree that the Pantera chassis is good enough to handle 600 HP)
Ad 2: How many are there left out there, that has never been rusted? Many have been repaired, some of them with great skills and patience as can be seen examples of on this forum, but many have been welded by people doing it fast to make money, quality will be varying. You're only a virgin once rust-wise. This is a virgin
Ad 3: Turn key car. Nothing to fix. Of course things will pop up, all Panteras fail occasionally, but all wear parts replaced. When I drive to Spa, I don't prepare anything on the Pantera, I just start it and go

So what kind of buyer contacts have I had? All kinds. Lots of frauds unfortunately, especially from Norway and Germany, they want to buy my car at full price here and now, but I have to take the money cash in $ or €, at a very favourable rate. Too good to be true. And then there are all the companies that will sell it for me, they actually have the buyer already they claim.
The legit buyers, of course some want the price down, and while I'm flexible, some offers are just crazy, damn right offending. Some offers we end €20k from each other, won't work, if it was €10k gap, maybe 5 on each side would seal the deal.
Some ask about matching numbers. Haven't heard that in the first 10 years of Pantera ownership, now I hear it. Not really that relevant for such a modified brand IMO. And why ask for matching numbers on a car with 2x the original HP. Just don't get it.

So there we are, still waiting, learning new stuff every day. If I was in the market for a Pantera and could buy a well sorted 600 HP never rusted Pantera, that's the one I would go for, and I would wear the seller down with bids until he sold it to me Smiler

Any views? Besides "it's too expensive"?
Thanks

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20170120_162322
It's worth what buyers are willing to pay. Don't believe all the Mobile.de prices, very few of those trade hands - and at what prices?

quote:
Some offers we end €20k from each other, won't work

That would be around €100k ?? - I would think that's pretty much where the market is at for this kind of car.

My opinion Cool of course.

(I would consider selling my pushbutton for €100k - of course, it's not a 600 HP car Frowner)
quote:
Originally posted by Push1267:
It's worth what buyers are willing to pay. Don't believe all the Mobile.de prices, very few of those trade hands - and at what prices?

quote:
Some offers we end €20k from each other, won't work

That would be around €100k ?? - I would think that's pretty much where the market is at for this kind of car.

My opinion Cool of course.

(I would consider selling my pushbutton for €100k - of course, it's not a 600 HP car Frowner)

I completely agree.
I sold a Porsche 996 TT two years ago, I offered it at a price consistent with mobile.de, autoscout24, etc.... and I have had no buyers for 6 months, I lowered it by 10% and I sold it in one month.
I know Danes and Swedes read this list, so here goes. I’ve sold my Pantera to a nice gentleman from the northern part of Sweden. Next step is getting it up there, from Copenhagen area to 1800 km up into Sweden. It can be driven of course, that’s one option. But he’s also looking into having it delivered. So does anybody know who to contact about such a transport, without breaking the bank?
Got an offer of €1k, can't be done cheaper by flying down and driving up. But up to the buyer of course

tberg, thanks. And yes I got a good price, I'm too stubborn to settle for less, and it took me 10 months to sell it. That said, the buyer was very good at slowly getting my price down, he wore on me for months. I'm sure he's happy too. In parallel I had a potential buyer from Switzerland, we had agreed a higher price, but he had something expensive to sell first, so I waited for that for months. But now it was time to sell... Roll Eyes
quote:
Hope you'll stay on the forum as I enjoy reading your posts.

I still have a Longchamp, so will not be totally away, but I've taken myself of the daily list after too much frustration. I'm on the Jag X150 forum in the UK though. That forum is a bit boring, nobody asks about timing curves, it's more about how to polish, new wheels and the occasional electric gremlin, where replacing the battery is usually the solution Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.