Skip to main content

Did anyone on this forum attend the April 28, 2007 Bristol Italian Auto-Moto Show? I hear there was a great turnout from the UK DeTomaso Drivers Club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59ptZ0NR_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FW8-kIL6w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz1jd1xXlt0

If so, please post some photos here.

Also, I was hoping you could help me identify some of the several Panteras that attended. Could you help me with photos of, or information on, the following cars:

Black GT5-S with silver Campagnolo wheels, license plate D7 PRG
Silver GT5 with blue racing stripes and a tan interior, license plate GJ17557
White GT5-S
Maroon GT5, license 3G0

There was a dark blue RHD GT5-S there that I believe is #9522, a 1987 Pantera GT5-S belonging to Stephen Burke from Ireland. I also know that #9126, a 1981 Pantera GTS belonging to Roger Brotton from the UK was there. However, if there were any other post 1978 (9000 series) Panteras there that I am not aware of, I would be grateful for any photos or information about them that you could give me.

Thanks.

- Peter

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2007_Bristol_Italian_Auto-Moto_Show_-_Pantera_GT5-S_-_black_-_license___D7_PRG
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Given the overwhelming response to my first post, I think I better start answering my own questions. Thanks to Roger Brotton & Colin Bradshaw, as well as a review of my own files, I've been able to come up with a list of the cars that attended the Bristol event. They are:

#9544 - 1990 Pantera GT5-S - RHD - Paul Langley - Bath, UK
#9552 - 1990 Pantera GT5-S - Colin Bradshaw - Buckinghamshire, UK
#9533 - 1989 Pantera GT5-S - RHD - Mark Strickland - UK
#9523 - 1989 Pantera GT5-S - Paul Gooch - UK [this is the car in the photo above]
#9522 - 1987 Pantera GT5-S - Stephen Burke - Ireland
#9320 - Pantera GT5 - Glyn Jones - UK
#9126 - 1981 Pantera GTS - Roger Brotton - UK

Longchamp - Phil DeCadenet
Zonda - Peter Saywell [Yes, yes, I know that this isn't a DeTomaso, but Saywell is a cool guy and he used to have a GT5-S until recently. Besides, I seem to be talking to myself on this thread, so I can write whatever I want. So there.]
Mangusta - John Braithwaite
Longchamp spyder GTSE - Ric Lee
Peter, we just love it when you talk to yourself, so please don't stop! The only reason you get no responses is because you already are THE expert on late production Panteras and there are probably only a handful of folk who can add to your knowledge base. I wish I was one of them, but sadly am not.

Cheers!

Mark
Fifty (50) miles at triple digit speeds?! In the UK?! Eeker You must have tripped off at least ten speed cameras. How did you evade the helicopters and the special police task force? Were your families shocked when they saw you on the evening news? How many years did you get? More importantly, are they going to sell your confiscated cars, or just crush them?

I'll go turn on the BBC now and see if they're still talking about you. They'll doubtless have some talking head going on very gravely about the menace to the very foundations of British society, some apoplectic politician yelling about the outrage and demanding summary executions, etc. etc.

Then I'm going to call my buddies in Germany. They'll doubtless be falling over and pissing themselves laughing. "Vat? Joost vun hundred miles an hour? Und zay are going to shoot zem vor it? Dat's funny! Vee do zat in our drivevay. Mit our veelchairs!! Yah! Hah ha!"

Great fun indeed.
Last edited by peterh
Link copied to your clipboard.