Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by danishcarnut:
@Doug:

Keep the input comming. This is exactly what I was hoping for.
I too like when the engine revs like a racecar, so keepeing the stock 3,5" crank in it, might be the best ?

!

That is my preference. The longer the stroke the less it is going to accelerate the rpm's.

With a 3.5" stroke or LESS there is less reciprocating mass to accelerate.

The same goes for hydraulic lifters or roller lifter cam shafts.

You can get 500hp and 500 ft-lbs of torque out of a 357 without much problem.

It all depends on how you want the engine to be.

You certainly will get other opinions on this but to me a healthy pumped up 351 is what the original concept of the car was all about.

The car breaks traction and goes sideways now. A stroker will just make the circle complete. It's not going to go any faster because you cannot get the additional torque down onto the pavement.
quote:
I've rerad about those transmounts before. I know a place here in Denmark, where there is 5 Pantera's parked side by side. Sounds like I will have to go there and look at how I can upgrade it.

Jep - just let us know when you turn up. We have all evolutions of the early pantera chassis represented :-) - including my car which has IPSCOs aftermarket version of the ZF sidemount kit.
quote:
Originally posted by Push1267:
Jep - just let us know when you turn up. We have all evolutions of the early pantera chassis represented :-) - including my car which has IPSCOs aftermarket version of the ZF sidemount kit.

Haha - Yeah, we will have to find a date, so I can swing by and have some coffee and kick some tires. I'll get in touch with You, Kristian
Update on my Enginebay project and Engine rebuild

Still scraping, grinding etc. - That Black stuff is a real pain in the butt !!!

Also removed the crossmember, and will replace it with a removeable ditto

Started to remove all the Black stuff in the rear wheelwells to, as it allready was started to scale.

Not pretty, but keeps the rust away...

And here we go.....

Unbelieveable... Hard to see that the car is over 40 years old !

My "new" block. A 4 bolt main D2AE-CA in Std. bore. It will recieve a 393 or 393 Stroker kit, when I firgure out what exactly I wanna use. I'm in contact with Mike Drew about this.

Funny thing is that the casting date is dec. 22 - 1972
The day of my 2 years birthday....
More Pantera update

Got my engine boiled and cleaned - Looks like it is right out of the castingcore now

While the engine is at the machineshop, I continued scraping the undercoating off the car. Figured out that the more than 40 year factory undercoating is a rust trap !! Many Places it doesn't even stick to the frame. Some Places it is beginning to scale, so the Water can be trapped underneith it. So it's a good thing to remove it, and start all over before it's to late.

It doesn't stick to the frame at all.

Meet my two new friends. We have spend MANY hours together now, and we're not quite done with eachother yet.

Absolutely no rust, but I'm sure that it was only a matter of time, before it would have started.

quote:
I needed a third friend when those two had a heated aurgument! some how I tried to roast the back of my hand so a welding glove for the scraper hand

That happened to me more times than I care to recall when I was scraping the undercoating out of my engine compartment. Be careful here you swing/point that heat gun while scraping! Eeker
Nice work. I was just catching up and notice this remark:

quote:
Originally posted by danishcarnut:
Noticed that You plugged the hole for the oilpressure switch ? Any special reason for doing that ?

I think he relocated the oil pressure sending unit to the port next to the fuel pump. I did the same thing to mine for a cleaner look.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.