Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks, I guess my only issue is the big NO SHIPPING PICKUP ONLY note he dropped in, but I will ask in case they aren't moving. Nice car by the way, very clean. Is that a tupperware container for your battery? JK, Lol. Smiler
By the way, what are your wheel and tire sizes if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking of 8" all around, but 10's may be good in the rear too. Mine is a stock body 72 as well. Take care and thanks again.
Ken
Ken,
Mike did ship me the wheels. Call and ask him about the tub.
The "Tupperware" container is now gone. Just being overly anal after re doing the front trunk. My wheels are 8” front and 10” rear. The tires are BFG’s that are in great condition but are 10 years old. The sizes (205/55/15 & 285/50/15) are no longer made. BFG does make a 295/50/15 (needs 10” rim) but nothing to match or close in the front.

I am currently in the processes of having the Campys refinished. Also hoping to find some new tires. I will keep you posted on what I find.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I think I like the 8's up front and 10's in the rear. Maybe I should just look for a set of 10's so I could just put the 8's I have up front. I'll call on the tub unless I find something else. Are you powdercoating or painting your Campys? Since they require periodic heat treating at 375 any issues if they are powdercoated vs. painted? Keep me posted, hopefully I'll come up with something.
Ken
Bosswrench,
Thanks again for the info. I received a comment that there is a difference between L and Pre-L Campys and I would like to know what the difference is; backspacing, offsets?? If that's so, I guess I would need to make sure I got the correct wheels. Mine is an early 72L with the dual pod dash, and if the comment is correct, would that make any difference in what wheels are correct? I've never heard of this before and can't imagine re-tooling for a wheel between an earlier or later model where the specs of most htings are the same, unless I missed something.
Also, what part of the fender needs corecting with the 8's up front? My fenders are already rolled. Thanks.
Ken
Ken,
I am not a wheel expert. But my understanding is the dimensions are the same on all. The differences are in wheel style.Pre L 7s & 8s have a more rounded casting of the pentagram. The L wheels are sharper in definition of the pentagram. The 10s I have more closely match the L wheels than the Pre-Ls.

#4134 is a Pre L and I wanted the 8" L wheels to more closely match the 10s. Most people will never notice a difference. But 7s and 8s are pretty cheap so I picked up a pair from Mike Mayberry and will store my original 7s & 8s.

This link at Mike Dailey's site may help.
http://www.panteraplace.com/page80.htm

Jeff
Jeff,
That makes sense about the definition. I'll still take a look at Mike Dailey's site to do some reading. I remember my wheels seem to have well defined edges and sharp corners on the slots so maybe they are later wheels but will double check. Now for a pair of 10's and some new rubber and I'm set.
Ken
Link copied to your clipboard.