Evening / morning depending on where in the World you are.
I need to turn my attention to the my dash rebuild as I fit car together, mine has been messed around with, with gauges and switches changed around and substituted. Thankfully most of the missing switches came from previous owner in a box. For background My car is a late (thought to be German finished) car, 8MA 1208. Left hand drive 4 headlight Bro model with (curiously as it’s a later car) the under dash Ayacsa A/C with the vents below the dash.
The toggle switches are mounted up high and, currently oriented left to right
Lower down in centre is the radio hole.
My questions are:
1) is left to right high up switching side to side for toggle switches correct (in so far as anything can be "standard" for these cars!) for a 1200 series car?
2) is the correct gauge orientation (some of mine have been moved) as follows: left of steering column - oil pressure, top left, with oil temp on top row to the right of oil pressure and clock below, and to right of column and speedo / ref counter ammeter closest on top row, water temp to the right on top and fuel gauge below?
3) My switches are (L to R) currently (wiper to left of column) then to right of column 4 switches to drivers elec window switch, cigar lighter, passenger window switch and then three more toggle. Is the the order / function left to right of the switches as per the excellent wiring diagram Lee/Nate and MikeH shared with us all? (being Gauge dim/dimmer, Lights, Courtesy light, Hazard, Rad fan override, City -country horn and Heater fan 1-2 speed? - 7 in total -p I had roof mounted aerial)
4) which switches are 2 position and which 1 position? I’m assuming two position are lights and heater /defrost fan? Are all the rest 1 position?
5) does the hazard toggle have a tell tale red light internally which turn on ‘ / pluses? - some cars seem just to have a red sticker? So far I’ve only found the switches (and they’ve not been easy to find at all) but never a hazard with an integral light
5) Is the engine compartment light turned on/off by a switch triggered when you lift the cover?
As ever, thanks in advance!