I bought mine out of a "collection", so while very good looking, it hadn't gotten all the constant TLC that it really needed. We did a few things to get it up and running, and will be doing much more going forward in both preventive maintenance as well as improvements!
1) Carb was leaking (cracked gasket, old carb), replaced with new Holley Street HP 650cfm. Works great, even untuned at altitude, but will get it dialed in on a dyno shortly.
2) Fuel pump was shot. Replaced with identical holly-like unit as a short term fix until I completely redo the fuel system with new PFTE hoses and RobbMc pump.
3) Thought clutch slave seals were shot, but after a good flush/bleed it seems to be holding well and have a nice strong clutch (will keep a close eye on it in the short term).
1) As mentioned above, I want to redo the whole fuel delivery system. The generic chrome pump I bought is working fine, but I just don't trust in the long term. Also has several rubber hose sections that I want to upgrade and am using the holley duel inlet fuel line (its garbage) that needs to be replaced.
2) I cracked the clutch master cap after filling/bleeding, so need to replace that (anyone here have a spare lying around???)
3) Tires are anywhere from 10-20 years old with plenty of dryrot, so I already have a mismatched set of 245/24/16 and 335/35/17 from Pirelli that are being installed on Wednesday.
4) Want to get the rest of the fluids changed/flushed; brakes, coolant, oil, etc.