Skip to main content

Here's more on the interior. This is generally a finished snap shot. The ignition timing controls are under the hinged part of the console:

I do not have the forward section of roll bar installed right now but when the interior was done we had to make provisions for it. I moved the door handles where they would clear the roll bar. The door panels had to be built to clear the roll bar. Once interior was designed I removed the roll bar. Window controls are on center console. Window motors are Vader and I love them!

Door handles are aftermarket hot rod which I powdercoated flat black. The spline adapter did not fit the Pantera door handle spline so I 3D printed an adapter for the spline:

Rear bubble is steel and removable:

Steering column is Speedway Motors generic column which I built a surround for. I hated the Pantera column plus the wheel is removable now. With no provisions for turn signals I built a turn signal and light controller where I built an encoder to keep track of the steering wheel column to cancel the turn. Later this developed into an inertia based system and I have since achieved Patents on them.

Heater box is from scratch with a circuit to control it a bit different then normal ventilation systems with 8 servos.

That's at least some of it.
When I built the car all the air exits the hood. The hood I built from scratch. I did not want it to look like a GT-40 but I also did not know exactly how much opening I needed. The hood is the only radiator air flow exit.

I divided the hood into screen and a movable panel. I learned after driving it a lot this summer that in hot weather the movable panel needs to be open.

I decided to make a new panel with louvers to see if it would work ok closed. I like the raw metal look so I made one out of stainless. I bought a louver di and stamped the .050 stainless panel with louvers today. More to come:

The stainless steel louver panel is done. I was able to give it a slight compound curve to fit the hood. I welded on a front and sides. The sides allow it to be opened or closed.

Before I could only bolt it on open or closed but I laser cut curved cut outs so it can be positioned at any spot in between and it does not need to be completely unbolted to change position. Right now I have it mounted with the back opened about 3/4".

I did not want a shiny stainless finish since I have some raw aluminum parts. I wire brushed it in one direction to give it a less than shiny but uniform appearance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.