A brief summary of 5177

I purchased in 1980. Originally single turbo setup that was drivable and showed well. After daily driving for a year, began “on rotisserai” stripping in preparation for repaint. I did dent the right door and rear fender when I was driving it, but should hammer out.

Due to a change in employment, 5177 has set disassembled for decades. Glass and doors still on body, parts removed are in enclosed trailer. Over 50% undercoating removed with putty knife.

Couple years ago, when I thought I had the time, the body was removed from rotisserie and now on “garden trailer”. (Rotisserie included).

The transaxle was rebuilt by R McCall.

The seats and panels were recovered by amateur upholstery (good enough for my plans). The original dash and arm rest were lost, but replacements have been acquired.

A spare set of calipers acquired and rebuilt by Gold Line. The original wheels were mismatched and I have acquired two 7” so now have three 7” and three 8”. Other spares include used GTS koni/springs, A-arm bushings, steering rack, Porterfield pads and Wilkerson exhaust.

The engine is with local Cleveland legionary drag racer. He has acquired heads and intake for a period correct “hot rod” street build. Buyer will have to make arrangements to pick up pieces from builder (about an hour away)

I am in central NC.

I’m asking $55K, but won’t be insulted by any offer.

Circumstances that caused the desire to sell will also limit my involvement in its sale. I will not be able to assist with shipping nor entertain “look see” inspections.

Attachments

Photos (18)
Last edited by jfb05177
Original Post
Bump

fresh rebuilt ZF and brake calipers
new suspension bushings, ball joints, brake pads and exhaust
enclosed trailer with removed parts
the Cleveland is MIA

car is in central NC
Last edited by jfb05177

Add Reply