Skip to main content

as for the MAYBE leakes . . . I requested those gates shrink fits instead  of clamps.   sure hope it is not those!    Another possibility is the heater control valve.   there was a butting of heads with the first manager and they are now having to make changes.

Funny you mentioned hair.    for the past decades, I've just got a #2 buzz cut  (better with hard hat and latter just less effort).   But for the past few months I have decided to just let it grow,   trouble is, no longer red.  

GLOCK!   HLL NO.   I aint no gangster.    Italian Berettas, old school metal frames.

I did not replace the instrument Christmas tree.   But I have request a couple of gauge redundant & diverse idiot lights   (coolant temp and oil pressure).   I think the Holley Sniper EFI display will have those indications also.   I sort of wished I request adding clock (but wrist watch will have to do for now}

I hope they have not lost that ebony shifter knob.

Thanks.

many years back, a Wilkerson SS system was listed here for less than an hour as I snatched it.  https://pantera.infopop.cc/top...768#1598208419926768

It was for an "L" as the mufflers and tips seemed to hang low.    So while I got a "deal" originally, it had to be made to fit better.  At that time I was not thinking about going with the small SS bumperretttes

the header tubes were left as is, just a little hammer work for clearing motor mounts

I visited the shop when they first cranked and one could talk while it was idling.   I am hoping it will be relatively quite

Last edited by jfb05177

I thought I recognized those tail pipes.  Those SS headers and mufflers are on two of my cars.  I think their sound is approiate for Panteras.  The tail pipes were re-angled for both of my cars because they have small chrome bumpers.  It looks like they put a little more angle on yours, more like a 71, and it looks good.

Here is a photo of original exhaust on a 71 Pushbutton.

I should also mention that your exhaust system is high performance with large diameter tubing and improved baffling throughout the system.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1
Last edited by stevebuchanan

For the last YEAR, it has been two weeks from ready to deliver!

Asking for a punch list gets a silence over the phone.

my punch list of things I believe.

install interior trim / carpet.   I was told by unreliable source the dash was now in,   been two weeks and no photo to prove.   the two pod dash will have old covering.   there will be mod to move wiper & washer toggles to the gauge section.

mount the two chrome mustang type mirrors.    These were purchased a couple years back.

mount the front spoiler.

the gills and side glass

last invoice had note to purchase another master cylinder, havent heard anything about that.

I requested trunk liner to be mod'ed to provide AC condensor to vent to rear window opening.   Owner actually agreed with this about month ago, but has not been mentioned.

the muffler and exhaust tips were also my request and again the Owner agreed it would be worth the effort (for looks)  Invoice and pic thursday show that is DONE.

I was hoping to have made the Long Island Pantera Club's exibition at Norfolk Navy yard but gave up on that happening.

a couple months back, the Owner and I talked about getting me back to shop "two weeks" before they trailer it back.   But no mention since.   Also have not come up with a good way to do so.   He jokingly offerd to fly his new plane and pick me up (I didn't fair well when I had to fly comercial so I wouldn't want to try small plane).   Four years ago, when this started, my plan was to hitch a ride to pick it up and take off on trip through Smokey Mts and "Tail of the Dragon"

doesn't seem to be a lot to do, but when you wait to you are installing to order needed pieces, no telling how long.

I've been think about a new post / article "How a professional restoration made me hate the day I bought a Pantera".   I can only hope the realiblity and driveabilty will be as good as claimed (can't use promised)

another concern is getting the take off / spare parts back.

Last edited by jfb05177

So far, the only “color” on 5177 is the Koni’s (orange) and the block & air cleaner (blue).   My instruction book actually called for those to be shades of grey, but I let that slip by.

I have the blue / white deTomaso flag for the front grill, but thinking, is there the rectangular badge to fit that bezel with just the branding iron on black.    I have seen several branding irons, but would prefer the badge & bezel.

Previous post, I was asking about the wheel centers and surprisingly the Shop found some black w branding iron!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.