Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don,

Welcome and good luck with the hunt for your Pantera....

Lloyd Butfoy of RBT Transmisions is the World renowned expert when it comes to the ZF. He builds a 6 speed ZF, but as you probably are already aware if you've done any research 'ZF' translates into 'BIG $$'. Even for the 5 speed you are in for about $4.5K, for a basic refresh. When it comes to buying the 6 speed I think it runs around $15K.

You can look up Lloyd at www.RBTTrans.com and pull up more about previous discussions on the ZF by simply doing a 'find' with ZF or 6 speed as keywords on this forum.

Julian
Dear Mr. UFO. Please do not make the mistake most guys do, thinking that if they get a divorce they will somehow be better off finacialy. Studies have shown the opposite is true for both parties involved. The only ones who come out better off finacialy are the lawyers helping you.
This is why St. Paul advised us to remain single, so we could afford parts for our cars.
quote:
Is it really worth the money.....?
Probably not.

When you look at the gear ratios available for both the 5 spd and 6 spd, you can put together whatever suits your needs in either, but the 6 spd isn't much taller in 6th than the 5 spd in 5th, so you just end up with a closer ratio gearbox. I don't think I need any closer ratio and IMHO there is nothing to be gained for all that extra $$. I can think of much better ways to spend the at least $10K difference between a 5 spd and 6 spd....In fact Coz is doing just what I would do with all that dough, the Suspension and brakes... looking good brother, do I note a heim joint adjustable upper A-Arm? Which vendor is that from?

As I've said before when I rebuild my ZF I'll definitely go for the taller 5th and the only other change I'd make if I was flush with $$ at the time would be a 4.0 Ring & Pinion. Oh, I'll probably polish it, just to reduce drag Big Grin

Julian
DeTom,
You're Spot-On with your last statement about divorce! I've had way to many family members, friends & customers who have gone through it in the past to think otherwise. I may not always come across as a happy married man but after 38 years of it I doubt if there will be any change in the future. Thanks for your comments!
Link copied to your clipboard.