Chassis 3643 Refurb Project, RHD Conversion and more.

Thought I would get my build thread going while I wait for the car to turn up.

I bought the car from BHCC and they say the car has been in storage for a long time. I'm planning a full rebuild and RHD conversion, will respray the car the original white colour.

If anyone has seen this car or knows more about it I would love to hear about it.

IMG_0760

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post
Cheers, will post up the whole process. Trying to decide about going back to standard flares or Group 5 Flares? Im liking standard but a lot of the body has been cut away....

Also motor is seized, looks like condensation has got into the engine via the intake. But engine number matches body so happy in that regard.
quote:
Originally posted by AlbanyGT40:
Cheers, will post up the whole process. Trying to decide about going back to standard flares or Group 5 Flares? Im liking standard but a lot of the body has been cut away....

Also motor is seized, looks like condensation has got into the engine via the intake. But engine number matches body so happy in that regard.


Another Pantera owner quite near to me has changed his car from left to right hand drive.

He had the dash made by an EX TVR man from the Blackpool factory and the quality is A1, he does of course have the mould, if you would like contact details let me know.
Peter with 3840 in Manchester England.

Original cars are the type I prefer, but its your motor car.
Started on the flares today as you know the flares on my car never looked right. Today I chipped away the fibreglass and found that a previous Owner has sliced the guards bent them out to make a flare and fibreglassed over them. The fibreglass came off pretty easy. Plenty of metal to mess around with...

Attachments

Photos (1)
quote:
Originally posted by AlbanyGT40:
Started on the flares today as you know the flares on my car never looked right. Today I chipped away the fibreglass and found that a previous Owner has sliced the guards bent them out to make a flare and fibreglassed over them. The fibreglass came off pretty easy. Plenty of metal to mess around with...


From the way the flares looked, I had my suspicions this is what they had done.
Not looking good.
To much Bondo!

Confused

Kjeld



quote:
Originally posted by Joules:
quote:
Originally posted by AlbanyGT40:
Started on the flares today as you know the flares on my car never looked right. Today I chipped away the fibreglass and found that a previous Owner has sliced the guards bent them out to make a flare and fibreglassed over them. The fibreglass came off pretty easy. Plenty of metal to mess around with...


From the way the flares looked, I had my suspicions this is what they had done.
Check on both sides, especially behind the gas tank.

There is a "cavity" that runs forward if the bulkhead, above the lower sills. This area can collect fine sand and dust, which can be a rust-prone area. I vacuumed mine out very well, and put a bunch of bedliner-type stuff in there.

It probably doesn't help if corrosion is there already, but you will never have better access than now.....

Rocky
Still stripping the car. Wiring harness is completely out, most of interior gone. Doors stripped down and removed, very happy most of the Stainless trim came off no issue except for left roof channel stainless trim which someone had siliconed on....took hours to get it off without destroying it. Next step is onto hoist to strip suspension and mount to rotisserie....

Attachments

Photos (1)
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
Peter Hi it's Sharkey. Please PM your email address & fee so I can paypal you $ to inspect the GT5-S.

I don't know how to send you a PM. I went to the members section, could not find first or last name.
Thkx


No need Sharkey, thats what DeTomaso friends are for.

Add Reply

Likes (1)
jerrysr
×
×
×
×