Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wow that car is drop dead gorgeous. I've always done well with yellow. Probably sold a couple hundred in that color. I remember having an original paint yellow I bought out of Pittsburgh, was a late '74 with only 8000 original, & the guy that bought it said paint it RED. I said NO this car is a late '74 original paint, mint! He said no pbm. If you don't want to do itI'll find someone that will! DAMN. Turned my stomach to bust it apart :-(

As of late, silver is the most popular, selling best. We're doing them in silver now.

Love your car! Shark

After hearing about a 3 pedal 360 with low miles on this site I checked it out on bringatrailer.com. I liked the color inside & out and the auction was at $80k which wasn't bad for a serviced 19k 360. I spoke with the owner a bit on here and kept an eye on the auction today. When I registered it asked for my credit card which was red flag #1 and as I read the fine print I saw they add a 5% buyers fee up to $5,000 for your purchase. With 4200 360's being sold in the US & Retail for the car currently being $82100 I was out. Have others on here paid fees to purchase Ferrari's before?

BaT is an auction site, there is nothing screwy about it, it has a very reasonable (IMO) 5% (max $5,000) buyers fee and $99 to list sellers fee. I find it crazy that the people who are buying and selling cars at BJ and other major auction houses are complaining about a 5% buyers fee! It's disclosed up front and you bid accordingly, you just don't get plied with drinks to help loosen up your wallet!

That being said, why not just use ebay, or maybe you already have. Same price to list, much much larger saturation + buyer pays nothing to ebay in buyers fees [which may or may not be an issue, I for one wouldn't care  about the 5 G's if I were buying a high dollar Countach or Boxer which I couldn't find elsewhere] that BAT avenue would work for me. Additionally, at any given time such as now as we speak, there are twenty Pantera for sale on ebay...V.S. none on BAT. So where would you shop? How 'bout here:

Hemmings. HMN gives you 6 months for 99.00, also goes all over the world. Theres 45 of them for sale there as we speak!

Check item number on ebay shown above.

Doesn't get much better than VIN 7220 produced June '74 carrying original paint. According to Ford production records this car is 1 or 2 from the ~last~. 

1974 model year (July 1973 – June 1974) chassis 5900 – 7222: 1323

According to Ford production records this car is one or two from last.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.