I had to make it my self, because the outer ring is attached to the rear hatch. And all the models they are selling is one pice20161008_093431_[500x375)

Attachments

Photos (1)
Last edited by kimk

Here is a pic of the lamp motor, i used a volvo power window motor. Pretty easy to fit and power full i am going to use same type for windows20161020_131848_[500x375)

Attachments

Photos (1)
Last edited by kimk
I am going to USA in the end of next week for the Las Vegas Sema Show and to the San Francisco Tesla factory and 3M in Minneapolis. Does some one of you now if there is any Pantera parts vendors at the Sema Show ?
quote:
Does some one of you now if there is any Pantera parts vendors at the Sema Show ?

Unfortunately, there are no Pantera parts vendors at the show.

ZF rebuilder Lloyd Butfoy (RBT Transmissions / High Performance Gear) will have a booth at the show. Booth #24613.

John
quote:
Originally posted by jb1490:
quote:
Does some one of you now if there is any Pantera parts vendors at the Sema Show ?

Unfortunately, there are no Pantera parts vendors at the show.

ZF rebuilder Lloyd Butfoy (RBT Transmissions / High Performance Gear) will have a booth at the show. Booth #24613.

John


Ok thanks
If you don't mind a slight detour Larry Stock (Pantera Parts Connection) is in Carson City NV. Some years he attends SEMA, but not with a trade stand.

If you have specific parts needs you want to carry home with you maybe you can have them shipped to a Pantera owner in the Bay area for local pickup?

Julian
quote:
am going to USA in the end of next week for the Las Vegas Sema Show and to the San Francisco Tesla factory

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area this Thursday, 10/27, come to the Pantera Club of Northern California (PCNC) meeting at 7:00pm at Holder's Country Inn (998 S. De Anza Blvd, San Jose, CA) and visit with other Pantera brethren.
Joules. I have so tight program so a detour would be difficult, But thanks anyway.

Garth. The meeting had been nice ! But i am in San Francisco in the end of my trip, Next Friday.

Thank you all for the tips.

They are special made by image wheels in UK.
I just gave them a design model and then they
made a computer model of it, And it turned out
very nice!

20161115_124913_[500x375)

Attachments

Photos (1)
Last edited by kimk

The back wheels are more concave than front so the lip is almost the same.20161114_184806_[500x375)

Attachments

Photos (1)
Last edited by kimk
Hi Kim.

Nice Wheels.
What are the dimentions?

Best regards.
Kjeld Pedersen
Denmark

quote:
Originally posted by kim k:
The back wheels are more concave than front so the lip is almost the same.

Attachments

Photos (1)
I have been in contact with an car glass manufacturer about one piece side windows for the doors. And i can have them made in 5mm green hardened glass.
But the molds for them is pretty labor intense so the price for just
the glass to my car is very high,
When the molds is made it is cheap to make more of them!

So to the question is some one else interested in them?
I can handle the orders and ship them out to you!
They becomes cheaper the more that is done.

Then i or we can make an tread about how to get them to fit the doors and the parts needed.
I can also make it a kit similar to the system i chose for my car.

I am not in to this to make money, It is just to get use of the expensive molds!
Kim,

Will the larger glass have any impact on the window being openable? I'm confident that your skills would make it easy to resolve, but would those less-adventurous of us have any problems with that swap? Seems like a great way to modernize the appearance.

Mark
quote:
Originally posted by T.Solo:
Its been done before. See Rick R's car here.

Reworked Window Glass


Looks like you found the solution. It just requires someone following up on getting the contact info of Rick R's supplier to inquire about making some more for those interested.
quote:
Originally posted by kim k:
I have been in contact with an car glass manufacturer about one piece side windows for the doors. And i can have them made in 5mm green hardened glass.
But the molds for them is pretty labor intense so the price for just
the glass to my car is very high,
When the molds is made it is cheap to make more of them!

So to the question is some one else interested in them?
I can handle the orders and ship them out to you!
They becomes cheaper the more that is done.

Then i or we can make an tread about how to get them to fit the doors and the parts needed.
I can also make it a kit similar to the system i chose for my car.

I am not in to this to make money, It is just to get use of the expensive molds!


Is this manufacturer guy named Whiantti or something like that?
Dont trust him.

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Marc FG:
Hi Simon - why this concerns ?


Because this guy produced for me the molds for car window's and stole my original windows.

Later he advertised whit those reproduced windows for a cheaper price than I have paid for.

Also I know a case that people have paid for window's but they are never delivered.

Simon

I think it would be best to leave a small triangle i the front for mirror and without it i believe its impossible to get the glass in.

I have been in contact again with the auto glass company about the prices depending on how many i order and they promised to let me know soon!

The company is a very big car glass manufacturer here in Finland they are very professional so no need to worry about that.

Mark i have not looked in to it so much yet but i think it would be a pretty easy project. when you look at the picture you see that the window opening mechanism is becoming almost centered on the new glass! so i see no need to change that.
But then there is the metal strip under the quarter glass that's need some trimming and the front guides. If i do this i take lot of photos and make a tread.

Its so early in this project so i have not thought about every small detail yet.
If someone have any good idea about this let us know

Its always someone that already have invented your good idea Smiler

I tried to contact Rick R but no answer?
I will let you all know when i know some more!20161208_124556_[500x375)

Attachments

Photos (1)
Last edited by kimk

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×